A Moment to Think (And a Talk)

(I'm spoiling you, FYI. Had time but the next update will be a while. So I hope you enjoy.)

After all the things that have happened, the sun starts to set and after closing the door to his hut and siting at his workshop table, Hiccup thuds his head onto the table. He lets out a long groan as he threads his fingers in his hair. Toothless walks over and lays his head on the table and gives Hiccup a lick on the head. Hiccup removes his fingers from his hair as he rests his arms on the table and turns his head to face Toothless. "Thanks, bud." He tells him then stands up as he walks over to a wall and leans back on it as he slides down to sit.

He holds his hands to his head as he tries to remain calm. After all the excitement and finally having a moment of silence, he still has yet to fully process everything that has happened so far. He gasps softly as he feels his body grow. "No, no, no. Not now." He says, placing his hands on the floor as he closes his eyes to calm down. But all the stress and anxiety that was delayed was hitting him now. He feels his tunic start to become too tight as he grows. Toothless roars worriedly and Hiccup opens his eyes to see his prosthetic break once more and regain two feet again. His boot tears open as it was too small now, his pants tearing at the ends and his tunic rips a little too. Hiccup then controls his breathing and Toothless rubs himself against his right leg as Hiccup stops growing. The young Viking breathes in relief as he feels his head almost made contact with the second floor of his hut.

He sighs, "Well, at least I'm not as big as before." He says. Toothless looks up at him with wide eyes as he lays his head on Hiccup's lap. The young man pets Toothless gently. "Thanks, bud." He thanks his black-scales companion. But then a knock was heard. "Hiccup?" Hiccup then grunts as his head hits the second floor hard after he grew a little after he was startled by the knock. "Uh, yeah?" He responds. "It's (Y/N). Mind if I come in?" (Y/N) asks. "Uh, yeah. Just one sec." Hiccup replies as he moves. He carefully moves himself so that his leans back against the second floor and bends his legs, his feet now on either side of the entrance of his hut. Toothless watches, standing beside Hiccup.

"Okay." Hiccup calls out. The door opens and (Y/N) enters and upon seeing Hiccup taking up most of the hut, she holds a hand up to her face to hide her smile and hold in her laughter. She breathes deeply through her nose as she lowers her hand. "I see you have gotten snug in your place." She says, flickering her wrist as her hand glows (F/C). The door to the hut closes, Midnight growling from the other side as she then stands guard of the hut.

She walks up to him, hands behind her as she looks up at him with soft (E/C) eyes. "Soooooooo, how we doing?" She asks. Hiccup closes his eyes as he takes a deep breathe, "Honestly, no clue." He answers, letting out a long sigh. (Y/N) frowns in sympathy at him then looks over at Toothless as the dragon looks at her then focuses back on Hiccup. She then walks over and leans against his left leg. "Hey, it's okay to not be okay. Though, I'm glad you are getting the hang of your growth. You would have destroyed this place if you were at your full height." She comments. Hiccup winces at the thought. "Yeah. So, I can control how big I get?" He asks. (Y/N) looks to the ceiling as she places a finger on her chin. "Well, depending on how well you can control your emotions, yes." She tells him, looking back at him with a small smile.

Hiccup inhales a little as he looks around, feeling a little cramped. "Well, the sooner I can control this, the better it will be for all of us." He says. Toothless coos at him and nudge his head against his friend's arm. Hiccup looks down at him and gives him a smile as he gently pats him. (Y/N) pushes herself off Hiccup's leg as he starts to shrink down. Once he was his regular height again, (Y/N) walks over and gives him a hand. Hiccup takes it and (Y/N) helps him up but then he stumbles which led to (Y/N) holding him as he looks down to see he has one foot again. "Okay, I'm gonna run out of spare legs and clothes at his point." He complains.

Toothless walks over and Hiccup releases his hold on (Y/N) to place them on Toothless as the black dragon helps him stand up. "Yeah. That would become annoying." (Y/N) notes as she taps her chin as she thinks. "Oh!" She bounces as an idea stokes her. "I can use a spell that can make it so that when you grow, your prosthetic will disappear and reappear. No need for news ones unless it breaks from something other than your growths." She says. Hiccup looks at her with a small smile, "That is generous of you, but you are already doing a lot for me with trying to get me back to normal." He says, frowning for he felt that (Y/N) was doing too much for him.

But the young witch waves it off, "Oh, it's nothing. It's been so long since I have..." She trails off as her eyes become distant. Hiccup frowns in concern as he places a hand on her shoulder. (Y/N) jumps as she blinks and looks back at Hiccup. "You okay?" He asks her. Toothless coos at her as he leans forward and looks at her with big eyes. She smiles as she pets Toothless' head. "Yeah, just... just got a little lost in thought." She replies. She claps her hands together, "Anyway! Got some settling in of my own to do and the spell is not complicated. Quite simple really. Oh, and it might be best to start getting the hang of your grow the as soon as possible." She adds.

Hiccup gives her a concerned look but then sighs, "Yeah. Yeah, good idea." He agrees. (Y/N) nods her head as she then burns him and Toothless bye as she opens the door and exits the hut. She closes it behind her with her magic. Hiccup sighs again, "Long day tomorrow." He says out loud. Toothless huffs in agreement.

(Again, it will be a while till the next update. Bye for now!)