Chapter Ten-Daddy knows best

(Dress she wears to the gala. Whole lotta back going on, how do you think Jackson will like that considering her flashback in the last chapter?)

"Can I help you today?" A woman asked interrupting the few seconds of silence.

"Uh," I looked over at Derek. "honestly I forgot why we even came.."

"We came for a dress that'll leave boys think damn, what a sex-"

"Sequined dress-" I interrupted him. "We just wanted to look at a few um, sequined dresses."

The sales worker nodded a bit unsure. "Um, yes of course. I'll bring you a few options. Just go and head over to that dressing room there."

Derek and I walked over to the dressing room and he sat down on the couch outside. "You should've just let me say sex bomb so she knew what we're going for." He mumble angrily. "I'm going to go find a dress I like." He said standing up.

"Fine whatever, hurry."

"You are so mean to me. Girls want to jump my bones and then we have you who treats me like her annoying little brother." He turned around. "You do realize you're half my size. You need me to protect you."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Go away!"

He left the dressing room area laughing. The sales woman walked in and gave him a quick glance. "Sorry for the wait, here are some sequined dresses like you asked for."

"Thanks!" I smiled.

"Do you mind if I asked you an unrelated question?"

"No, go ahead."

"Is that your boyfriend?" She asked. My eyes widened. "Sorry to be so frank, he uh just doesn't seem the ideal type of boy to be with a girl like you."

"And you know what kind of a girl I am?" I asked. "Am I really that simple to read? Everyone just seems to know who I am and who I should be with these days!"

The woman looked taken aback. "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

I rubbed my temple. "No, I'm sorry. I've just had a rough couple days."

She nodded discreetly and left me standing guiltily in the dressing room with a handful of heavy and scratchy dresses. I sighed and hung them up on the rack and shut the door. One by one I slipped into each one and quickly found out exactly how awful they made me look. I would've looked better in a trash bag!

"Bridgette!" Derek whispered popping his head in through the curtain. I gasped in horror and turned around.

"What if I was naked?"

Derek stopped and thought about if for a moment. "Honestly, I think I would have for a hard on and it would probably end up with you pushed against the wall with my-"

I covered my ears. "You are so immature! We're in a store Derek!"

"Whatever." He looked up and down at me. "Wow, you look like an 80's bride."

"Thanks, that's what I was going for." I giggled looking down at the awfully frilly white gown I was currently wearing. "What did you find?" I asked looking at a silky gold gown.