|| C H A P T E R . 6 (Part II) ||

Beau parked behind a black Ford and his eyes widened a little, surprised to see me too like I was the last person he would've seen outside the restaurant in public as well. 

My stomach shifts uneasily as Beau snakes out of the car and heads over. 

My screams in my insides currently sounded like a dying whale and forgetting Chia was there, she glanced over at me to see if I was actually dying.

"Hey, I wouldn't expect you to be here." He said straining his eyes from the sun rays making him look good. 

I lifted up my shoulders with little effort and looked over the dirty sponge in my hand that should've been a bright pink was a yucky old chewed up bubblegum pink.

"Yeah, well, I surprise myself sometimes too." 

Chia shifted on her two feet, clearly uncomfortable and Beau gave an authentic smile and introduced himself to her as the talk ended up being short. 

Beau's eyes trailed over at Dezirae and the followers of her crew whom still had a crowd going and people rooting for them. They were able to still maintain a crowd for the last fifteen minutes since we've been out here.

His hand found their way up to his hair to run through it, "Why aren't you dancing with the other girls?"

"Because I don't look for trouble and do as I'm told," I said splotching the sponge in the new bucket full of soapy suds and watched the dirt began to fuse and float in the clean water.

Beau raised an eyebrow not quite understanding.

I sighed, "The girls were only supposed to do two tasks. Either wash cars are hold up signs for our fundraiser. Not give an entire free show."

He looked over again at them, "Well, they look pretty good to me."

I followed his gaze and happened to notice they were currently gyrating their hips and I frowned. "Yeah, whatever."

A spice of jealousy came out more than I intended to and right now I wish I could show him I was just as good as them. 

He didn't hint it at all and suggested getting ice cream under this extreme heat which sounded great right about now and took off.

"Y-you like your friend? That friend?" Chia asked once he was a bloodshot distance away from hearing us.

I snorted quietly, "What? No." I watched him jog inside and slow down by the door, holding it open for the people coming out.

I smiled genuninely and looked down. 

"No, yeah, he's very cute." She complimented and nudged  me. We exchanged smiles and she laughed. 

After devoured his frozen dessert, he insisted on helping us out but I could barely get most of the work done. 

As we washed down one of the trucks and talked, he constantly teased me a couple of times and I accidently swung the sponge over and hit him on the cheek.realizing he was closer than I thought, I gapped in shock and dropped the sponge at my feet.

"Oh uh, Beau, I'm so sorry I did that."

"It's okay."

Sadness washed over his features until a sly smile peaked and made his mouth curl, "If that's how you wanna go."

And he bent down to pick up the green hose lying by the tires, I knew it was time to bolt. I tried running as fast as I could in my cheap flip flops, getting to the opposite side of the truck and as far as possible from Beau.

By the squeak of his shoes, Beau came around and sprayed, a streak sprinkling over my head. I ran away from where he was coming. My teeth grinded into each other, trying not to squeal if he caught me and  water brushed my bare shoulder, the coolness touching my sizzling skin.