Curfew

Leo's POV
Curfew hits and we're still on our way to the cabin. Not that me or Everret will even stay in the there. It's kind of a tradition to sneak off into the woods after curfew.

   Just to add to the stupidity of it, the camp counselors stay around the cabin until like 3AM. Thank you camp seniors for the tip.

"There's a lot of people there. I dunno if I like it." Everret, despite him knowing everyone at school, hates people. Like, loathes them.

"You're friendly enough."

"Don't say that Leo."

"What? It's true. You're friendly."

He scoffs "I'm really not."

"Ev," my tone is cautious. "Just try at least."

He sighs and nods, accepting defeat. "Alright...... Fine."

As soon as we get to the cabin, we see five or six kids plummet right into the fire. Like magic. As if they didn't have a choice. Everret has a weird look on his face and rushes me inside.

It probably scared him. He doesn't like seeing people get hurt. And he really hates fire.
"You good Ev?" I ask him, hand on his as everyone stares at us.
"Fine." he pulls his hand away and I just nod, climbing into my bed.

"Wake me up when the counselors leave"
__________________________
It's around 4:30am when I wake Everret up and the counselors are finally gone. I've been sitting in the dark with my thoughts for at least two hours, mostly occupied by the boy sleeping in the bunk below me.

"Ev, the counselors are gone." I shake him gently, which never wakes him up, but I want to do it in a way that won't scare him, considering what he saw earlier.

"Ev, com on dude." I sigh and pace for a minute. I could kiss him on th forehead. Hi mom does that to wake him up and it always works. But I'm his best friend, wouldn't that be weird?

I pace for another minute before stopping at his bed. Fuck it. He needs to wake up.

I kiss him on the forehead, my shoulder length mocha hair falling into his face. He opens his eyes and immediately pulls me on top of him.

"Ev... The counselors left."
"Okay and? Just stay here for a minute."
"It's already 4:30. We don't have a lot of time. Let's go." I try to push off of him, but he holds me there. I let out a frustrated grunt an he chuckles. God I hate it when he does that.

"Everret, get up."
"I don't think I will." his stupid smug little smirk he does.... And only ever with me. So goddamned annoying.

"I'm not breaking tradition because you want to sleep more." I keep wiggling around, trying to get free, but he's got a hold on me.
"Fine. But you need to nap later. I know you didn't sleep for shit earlier." he let's me go and get up himself. He still has his shoes on. What an idiot. He's lucky he's my best friend or I'd be making so much fun of him.

"Alright then. Grab your bag and let's go."