S Z NFOUR - Episode 3: Almost Had me

"So are you going to say why we're going over there or?...", I asked annoyed. These bitches had perfect timing for getting on my nerves.

He knuckled the steering wheel and sighed, "no Royaal, I'm not." His words were cold and blunt, they hit me like a breeze on a cold winter's day.

"Kst...Okay then", I snared. I took out my phone and began scrolling on instagram. The energy radiating off of me was explosive, I was ready to argue.

He mumbled a few words to himself under his breath.

"What was that?", I asked sharply.

"Nothing man, I wasn't talking to you", he snapped back. He knew navigating this conversation would be like a landmine field right now.

He whipped the car down the highway and it felt like we got to the girls condo in no time. We pulled up to the outdoor visitors parking. He grabbed his phone before opening this door.

"I'll be back, I won't be too long", he said, refusing to make eye contact with me. The annoyance was written all over his face.

"Mhmm", I mumbled back.

"Would you like to come upstairs Royaal? You absolutely can, but you can't bring this shit attitude with you." He stood there holding the door open and putting the ball in my court. He knew I didn't want to go upstairs and I didn't want HIM to go upstairs either. And now I just look like a brat, that's trying to be difficult.

"So?", he asked, staring at me waiting for an answer.

"Just try not to be long man", I rolled my eyes and shuffled into my seat with my phone. I wasn't ready to meet the girls, especially like this.

He chuckled and shook his head, "don't say I didn't fucking try." He shut the door and started walking to the condo.

I connected my phone to the bluetooth and tried to put on some music, but I couldn't decide on a song. I could feel the overthinking ushering in. The regret was starting to weigh heavy, maybe I should've gone but I wasn't ready. He's obviously not doing bullshit with them if he invited me to come up. And now, I just look like the one that doesn't want to cooperate and get in where I fit in. He's asked me a few times to meet the girls and I keep declining him, now I look like the one with the problem.

"Ughhh, what is it Royaal? I thought this is what you wanted, a nigga to be honest for once" I asked myself out loud, banging my head against the dashboard.

It's like everytime we're about to get lost in a real moment, these bitches come up and remind me of reality. They have perfect timing for interrupting, they coincidently need their daddy.

"It's quite annoying", I said out loud.

I put on some drake and reclined the seat back, almost crushing my Holts bag. I quickly grabbed it and placed the bag on my lap.

"We were just minding our damn business today then boom, here comes the bitches again", I said looking over the dress. I was spiraling and my thoughts were getting the best of me. I put the dress back into the bag and placed the bag back in the backseat.

"Holy shit.. This is what the bitches who fall in love with their pimps sound like... I need to get a grip, I do not love this man", I said trying to convince myself.

Bam emerged from the condo and headed towards the car. He opened the door, hopped in and threw the car into drive without saying a word. I kept side glancing at him to see if he looked disheveled or anything, but nothing was off beside his attitude. He pulled out and drove back towards the highway, with his eyebrow furrowed together.

"You good?", I asked.

"Yeah, my bad if I took long", he said in a detached voice. It didn't really feel like he was here in the car with me, his mind was definitely somewhere else.