S Z NFOUR - Episode 8: Deja Vu

Biz started grabbing on his waist and mouthing something to Bam. The look on Bam's face displayed a man in deep thought. Biz's temper was jumping from wall to wall, you could visibly see it on his face. It looked like he was more upset than Bam.

Bam said something back to him, which made Biz pull away, twist up his face and stare at him. He was clearly in disapproval of whatever Bam just said. I looked over to the other side of the booth at Destiny, she was already staring back at me with a concerned look on her face. She kept looking over at the boys then back at me, like she was trying to communicate something. But my bad I don't speak flip flop bitch, so I had no idea what she's trying to say.

Bam looked over at me, I smiled and he smiled back. He wasn't that far away, just between the music, people and the fuckery going on it felt like a lifetime was between us right now. I didn't realize it earlier but there was a moat of niggas around the booth, you couldn't even get to me if you wanted to.

Bam grabbed Biz by his shoulder and looked him dead in his eyes and said something. Then Biz disappeared into the sea of club goers. Bam took a sip of his drink, then came back to stand by me.

"Everything okay?" I asked, I threw him a knowing look. He grabbed my hand, kissed it and then bent over to say yes into my ear. He stood back up, tilted his head and mouthed, "you aight?"

"Mhmm" I shook my head drunkenly, it was only at this moment did I realize I was super lit.

"Mama's drunk uh", he laughed as he caressed my jaw. "You ladies good?", he asked the rest of the girls in the booth.

Everyone said yeah or nodded their heads. They were about done taking pictures and shit. They were ready to be all up on their niggas, I guess the liquor was hitting.

It must've hit me too, cause I was ready to be all up on mine. I knew he was lying though, everything was not all good. But the thing with alcohol is you don't get to decide when it kicks in. Bam was looking good and the way he was handling shit tonight was daddy as fuck and making me horny. The DJ was playing all the right sounds too. Everything was working against me taking this "pending danger" seriously, until...

Biz pushed his way back through the crowd and walked up to Bam. He pulled him to the side of the booth, his jaw was clenched and strong as he spat out the words.

"Fam that yute sent the bottle, Pablo's here." Biz spoke at Bam, his chest was high and his nostrils flared. I imagined all the testerone coursing through his body, I could see a vein in his neck. "I'll done him right now" he said, staring Bam dead in his eyes.

The tension was thick but enjoyment was in the air engulfing the night. Everyone was either drunk, high or drunk off their fantasy and in their own world. No one besides "them" cared about us or was watching us. I felt a tightness in my stomach and the night seemed as though it slowed down. The dichotomy of the situation intensified the night. As things progressively got more dangerous, I got progressively more drunk and unbothered.

"Our women are here, innocent people are here, cameras are here. That caught us walking bare face and you want to shoot, first? Sorry execute on camera cause a niggas TRYING to get you mad?", Bam rebuttal. "Just fall for it right? Even though you know he's trying to get us to act out", Bam tapped on his own temple.

"Either we ignore it or we leave", Bam ordered.

Mali came and tried to diffuse the pissing contest between them. At the end of the day, we had to stay united, cause this is what he wants;. For everything to fall apart.

"He's right though, can't done him off right here, right now", Mali said to Biz.

"No ones talking to you fam", Biz barked at Mali.