S Z NFOUR - Episode 4: Drunkiana

"What do you mean, Pablo's back?", I stuttered. Pablo's devious smile flashed before my eyes, along with French's body curled up on the floor. "How do you know, you saw him?" I asked, stepping back into the shower.

"Nah I didn't see him yet, my boy did though, that's why I had to go to the club the other night. I got the whole city on alert, there's nothing for you to worry about, I promise." He placed his hands on my arms, I didn't realize I was shaking until he touched me.

"My nigga's been wanting his head, he just signed his deathwish when he went after you. You thought we were just going to let that slide, like it's nothing?" He reassured me, he grabbed the back of my head and brought me into his chest to hold.

"Just cause I didn't retaliate right away doesn't mean, I let it slide. I play chess not checkers mama, got to be strategic with this shit. But nothing's going to happen to you, okay?" He pulled me back to look me straight in my eyes, so I could see the seriousness on his face.

"I know, I just-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, the tears started to take over and all I could do was cry.

"Hush baby, it's okay", he comforted me. "I know it's a lot to process and I didn't mean to drop it on you like this, especially with it being your birthday. But I just thought I might as well keep it real with you. Since you're brewing up all kinds of crazy ass shit in your head", he grinned.

He caressed the back of my head, as I cried into his chest. The water fell on my back in unison with my tears. I didn't feel like I could think straight right now, as much as I knew I was safe with Bam. There was a huge ball of fear twisting and turning in my stomach. The flashbacks started coming, and I just stopped having nightmares. I felt like I was just getting back to normal and the rug was being ripped from under me again. But I mean, I guess he had to come back at some point, he does live in Toronto. I guess my brain imagined he'd just stay in Windsor cause it's too hot to come back. I just never thought about us being in the city at the same time and what that could mean. I shot him a look and went back to laying on his chest.

"Bout treat you like my bitches, what are you even saying? You know what, it's your birthday you're allowed to be a little crazy", he chuckled.

"You saw me in the club and you never paid me any mind till you started having problems with that nigga, you think I didn't notice? You didn't need me until you needed my protection, then you needed me. But you know how to take care of yourself and carry yourself in this shit." He pulled me back again to look in my eyes.

"Obviously I don't-"

"Royaal, you're a bad ass bitch, you've just been fucking around with aint shit niggas who were scared of your potential baby. So none of them tried to show or make you be more, I'm trying to bring it out of you. Why do you think I haven't been pressing you or making you do escorting and shit? Cause me and you, we're going to be at the top of the food chain, I can see it. Fuck that nigga mama", he picked my chin up to make me look at him again.

"You haven't been strippin but you came to me with a plan. It was your idea to run the girls' pages and have them just focus on what they do best. And shit, it made us all more money, cause you know how to talk to these tricks."

He shook his head with a grin on his face, "You're different, yeah you gonna start strippin' again, but that's more for you than it is for me to be honest. Your ass needs something to keep your mind busy. But mama you gon' be bigger than all this, just trust me and stop fighting me. You got the hustle, the drive and the backbone for this shit, I saw it. You're a boss, that's why I'll never treat you like my bitches."

He held my face in his palms," that niggas in the past, i'll make sure of that. Just let me do my job, so you don't have to worry about doing yours."

All the tension in my body dispersed, it's like his words forced and dragged out all the doubt, the fear and the anxiousness. This nigga somehow see's me better than I see myself. Because he's right, I am a boss. The shit I've been through and overcame and I'm still going, I have to be a boss. And I never really wanted him to treat me like one of his bitches, I just felt like I was in limbo. Like I was just a glorified hoe or being delusional and it was frustrating me, cause I knew it wasn't just that. I knew it wasn't just business with us, cause he fucks me and he doesn't fuck his bitches. Plus he would've just put my ass on the track if it was. The problem of Pablo, wasn't just mine and it felt good. I wasn't alone and I didn't have to handle it alone.