Chapter 17 - Maria

*** Author's Note: If you've read Simon Says (or the teaser chapter at the end of Barron's Second Chance), you may recognize this scene - except it's now in Maria's POV. I was hoping to release a second chapter alongside it so you know for absolute sure whether or not Brian did the dirty with Lissa. However, I've decided to rework it to make it a longer chapter rather than splitting it up, so it will take a little longer, sorry. Thanks for your patience!***

Maria 26 years old

From the private notes of Dr Anna Morris.

"Morning," I smiled up at Simon from my rumpled bed, my gaze fixed on his taut ass as it flexed with his movements.

"Hey," Simon yawned. He scratched his chest before bending to pick up his clothes.

I quickly sat up on my knees. "Are you leaving?" I tried not to sound sad, but I didn't expect him to cut and run so soon.

"Gotta hit the road, babe." He smothered another yawn.

Panic set in, but instead of reacting, I sent Simon what I hoped was a seductive and casual grin. "Why don't you take a shower first?" I suggested. "There's fresh towels by the sink, and I have your shower gel in your basket."

"Uh -"

"I can make you some coffee and toast before you leave. We had a late night, so you must be tired." I lowered my voice into a sultry tone, hoping to remind him of the delicious things he had done to my body last night. And early this morning.

He turned and sent me that crooked smile I adored so much. "That sounds great, actually. I'm fucking wiped after last night and could use a hot shower."

Pleasure warmed my chest. I was happy that my actions pleased my man - even though he was only my man in my head. Although, after last night, maybe we were headed for a new label.

Simon stared at my pointy nipples before his heated gaze swept down to my bare pussy. I could see his dick start to swell. My sex clenched, but only in memory of the marathon sex we had all night and into the early hours. Usually, I would be all in for another round, but my poor abused vagina needed a break. I sat back down on my legs and gave a shooing motion.

"Go on. Coffee and toast will be ready when you're out."

Once he left, I fell back onto my bed with a dreamy sigh. When Simon texted that he was coming to New Haven, I had no idea that the evening would end with an invite to Eden and Barron's engagement party. He'd never introduced me to his family before, so I was beside myself with excitement. I mean, not only was he introducing me, but it was also at a pretty important family event. That had to mean something, right?

A vibrating buzz had me lifting my head. Realizing Simon's phone was going off on my nightstand, I dropped my head back down. I knew I had to get a wriggle on to prepare Simon's promised toast and coffee, but I was too exhausted to move. Exhausted but happy.

As I replayed last night's activities, I grimaced when I recalled the only damper of the night.

Lissa.

She texted me yesterday evening wanting to hang out, and in my excitement, I stupidly gushed about Simon inviting me to his cousin's engagement party. Lissa's one-sided rivalry with Eden, Barron's fiance, was not at the forefront of my mind.

She had been in a rage, bombarding me with texts demanding updates on my night. I felt rude relaying to her every single detail, right down to the decor, but then Simon left me alone for most of the night, and none of his family members seemed keen to entertain me, so I was left to my own devices. Unfortunately, that meant keeping a very angry best friend at bay.