Character Development (Gajevy/Gale)

"Wow, so my dad saved my mom and she saw her first clear sky by meeting him?! Cool!" Storm Fullbuster exclaimed.

"My parents' story is much more impressive," Reiki Fernandez stated as he stood from the floor.

"No, my parents' meeting is the coolest!" Nashi Dragneel shouted. "My dad broke my mom out of a spell and brought her to Fairy Tail!"

Cana laughed and set down her barrel, "All your guys' parents have cool stories there's no need to fight over it."

"Aunt Cana," Rose Redfox suddenly asked, "how'd my parents meet?"

Cana visibly paled and quickly looked toward the bar, "Oh would you look at that! Aunt Mira needs help at the bar, I'll be back kids!"

She rushed toward the bar and shoved herself between Gajeel and Levy who were sitting together on the bar stools chatting with Mira.

"Hey, if your kid starts askin' how you two met, it's Natsu's fault," Cana hurriedly explained before rushing to the kitchen.

"Huh?" Levy questioned to the air.

She glanced to her right, finding that her husband was just as confused. Just as Levy was going to turn around to look for her child, she felt a tug on her side.

"Ma, how'd you and dad meet?" Rose innocently asked.

Gajeel and Levy shared a look, knowing this day was bound to come.

"Let's go to the park and we can tell ya there," Gajeel gruffed out.

Rose laughed as she hopped onto her dad's back. Despite being 13, she inherited Levy's short stature so it wasn't too hard for her dad to carry her without complaint. Gajeel grabbed Levy's hand, which Levy gave a reassuring squeeze.

When they made it to Magnolia Park Gajeel guided them to the large tree, which had grown tremendously over the years, and the Redfox family sat under its shade, leaning against its wide base.

Levy decided to start, "Before your father and I met, he was in a different guild."

"Wait," Rose interrupted, "Dad wasn't always a Fairy Tail mage like you?"

"No," Gajeel said. "I used to be in a bad guild called Phantom Lord."

"WHAT! You were a bad guy?!" Rose shouted.

Gajeel shifted uncomfortably before he replied, "Kinda."

"Your dad didn't have a family before Fairy Tail," Levy quickly explained. "He had your Aunt Juvia as a friend, but his old guild wasn't like Fairy Tail."

"And I was a very angry man," Gajeel continued. "Yer Aunt Lucy had a rich dad that hired Phantom Lord to capture her from Fairy Tail and return her home."

"Yeah... but what does that have to do with you and Ma?" Rose questioned, having heard this story before but without the added information that her dad had been on the bad guys' side!

"Well, my old guild master ordered me to scare Fairy Tail," Gajeel suddenly dropped off.

He couldn't bear the idea that he might cause his own daughter to become scared of him and he was suddenly scared to continue the story. Levy noticed his apprehension and wrapped her arm around his waist, scooting closer so she could rest her head on his shoulder.

"Phantom Lord sent your dad to destroy our guild hall and it started a war between the two guilds."

"So what happened next?" Rose pressed.

"I hung yer Ma and yer Uncles Jet and Droy to this tree," Gajeel stated bluntly.

Rose gasped and Levy facepalmed at Gajeel's lack of tact.

"Yes, your dad did a very bad thing, but he was different then. We didn't meet in the best of ways but he proved himself to Fairy Tail, and to me," Levy reassured her daughter. "The first week he joined Fairy Tail he saved me from your Uncle Laxus's lightning."

"Uncle Lax was a bad guy too??" Rose shouted exasperated. 

"Kinda," Gajeel said once again.

"Everyone has made mistakes, but every Fairy Tail mage you see today, including your dad and your Uncle Laxus, proved themselves and protected Fairy Tail during our toughest times. Your dad was not the same man he is now when he was a Phantom Lord mage. During one of our toughest wars in Fairy Tail history, he was willing to give up his life for us."

Levy felt her face scrunch up at the memory of Gajeel fighting Bloodman and the agony she felt when she had thought he was sucked into the black portal and would never see him again.

Gajeel cut in, "Yer Ma made me a better man."

Remembering his speech to this day, Levy smiled.

"I only helped. You can't force someone to be better Rose, but your dad wanted to become better."

Rose sat for a moment, processing what her parents just told her.

"Wow, so dad hurt you and somehow you guys still fell in love?"

Gajeel and Levy nodded grimly.

"AWESOME! Your guys' story is definitely cooler than Nashi's parents' story!"

Levy sighed but she felt herself relax against Gajeel. She smiled as she reminisced on their old memories and realized that she never would've been able to predict the life she has now.