Her Armor (Jerza)

Erza, for once in her life, was at peace. She wasn't even wearing her Heart Kreuz armor and as she sat on a stool between Jellal's legs she felt the most satisfied she had in a while.

Jellal sat on the couch, brushing Erza's hair as they both faced the TV. He would laugh every time he heard a joke, but his attention was on Erza as he admired her hair. The vibrant color would never cease to fascinate him, and though he shared less favorable memories with Erza, seeing her hair would always remind him of the strong person she was from the moment he'd met her.

The brush he was using snagged at the ends of Erza's hair catching a nasty knot that must've formed while the two had been sparring. Erza was slightly pulled out of her zen state by the sudden tug.

"Sorry," Jellal spoke, setting the brush down and gently running his fingers through her hair instead.

Erza shook her head as she spoke, "It didn't hurt."

"Of course you'd say that," Jellal chuckled. "But sorry anyway."

Erza lightly smiled and Jellal tugged at her waist. She took the hint and stood up from the stool to crawl onto the couch beside him. He pulled her against his side and sighed happily when Erza burrowed her cheek into his shoulder, leaning her body against his.

"I think you've been eating too much strawberry cake," Jellal suddenly said after a few moments of silence.

Erza looked down, examining herself, "I don't believe I've gained any weight."

He laughed, "No, you haven't. I was going to joke that strawberries are growing out of your head from your cake consumption since your hair smells like them."

"Oh," Erza blushed at the misinterpretation, "it's my shampoo."

Jellal laughed once again, "Yes, I know. That's why it was a joke Erza."

"I see."

He smiled as he continued playing with the hair that framed her face, using his hand that was around her shoulder. Erza's slight awkwardness sometimes came off as a part of her serious demeanor, but Jellal knows Erza much better than most.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Jellal asked.

Erza pondered for a moment. They were currently vacationing in a port town a day's train ride away from Magnolia. They only had a couple days left of their break from their responsibilities and they were determined to make every second count.

"I'm not sure. We've done most of the things in the tourist pamphlets and city guides."

"Well, the farmer's market opens tomorrow in the morning. We can pick some things up and have a nice picnic in the park," he suggested.

Erza looked up at his face with a smile and agreed, "That sounds nice."

They both returned their attention to the TV. Jellal got up once to bring a blanket before returning to Erza's side, wrapping the blanket securely around the both of them.

Their position had shifted and Jellal laid with his back against the cushioned armrest with Erza lying against his chest and between his legs. Her head was slightly slumped down since she'd fallen asleep, but Jellal was too comfortable to get up and risk waking her. He was concerned he might've accidentally thought it into existence though as Erza shifted on top of him. But she hadn't awoken, she was simply repositioning herself as she turned around to lay on her stomach, her face still to the side as her ear pressed against Jella's chest.

Jellal rested one hand on her back while the other returned to his favorite task of softly running his fingers through her hair. Not many had the privilege of seeing Erza with her guard down, and Jellal took this privilege very seriously.

Their legs were comfortably intertwined and Jellal gently pulled Erza's body up so she could rest her head more comfortably in the crook of his neck. He laid a kiss against her cheek and fell asleep with his arms hugging her around the waist.

Her Heart Kreuz set had a closer shot at retirement now that she has a new armor to protect her.