Power Couple (Jerza)

"I am not accepting this."

Erza Scarlet stood in front of Jellal Fernandez with her usual stern expression as she crossed her arms. Silence hung between the two powerful business owners as Jellal sat staring down at the contract Erza had thrown onto his table.

"I'm willing to negotiate a couple of the terms," Jellal supplied as he leaned back in his chair to look up at who he hoped would become his future business partner. "You know we'd be a formidable pair in our industry."

"Yes, but your current terms are offensively insufficient and no amount of compromisation would be able to raise it to acceptable standards," she responded.

Jellal considered Erza for a few moments before standing up from his chair and giving her one final proposition,

"Let's get married then."

Erza's jaw dropped, "E-excuse me?"

"My shareholders would never allow a contract with your level of 'standards' and you don't seem to want to back down, so let's create a partnership through different means," he stated calmly. "Let's get married."

As Jellal walked around his table and closer to Erza, she unconsciously backed away as she attempted to process his words.

"Where on Earth did you get the grand idea of marriage?"

Jellal grinned, "Well if it isn't through a contract, the board would allow a unification if we were to get married. They're old-fashioned that way, especially after my father passed."

Erza raised an eyebrow, "And how would this benefit me? Who is to say I would not be able to succeed on my own?"

"I would never imply that you wouldn't be able to get it done, we both know you're a strong opponent, but you can not ignore the blatant fact that your goal of entering another market would be much more attainable if you had my resources to back you. Gaining the majority in this market may be attainable, but expanding outwards is not a simple task even for you."

Erza walked over to the small couch situated in the center of Jellal's large office and sat down.

"Still, a marriage seems slightly excessive," she replied as Jellal sat down on the chair across from her.

"Maybe, but you remember how good of a team we were in our school days don't you?"

Remembering her days at the arduous boarding school her parents had enrolled her in at the age of 12 was not something Erza usually did fondly, but she couldn't help but smile as she recalled the memories that Jellal was referencing.

"I cannot believe I am considering this," Erza made eye contact with Jellal as she spoke, "but you make good points."

Jellal opened his mouth to continue listing the benefits, but Erza beat him to the punch.

"And I have been told by my marketing team that I need to create a better public image, so I suppose marrying you would help with that..."

"Of course it would, I'm glad you're being rational Erza."

She rolled her eyes but finally held out her hand for him to shake, "Then, it is a deal."

Jellal strongly grasped her hand, "Perfect, we'll make a great team, I'm sure of it."

"Yes."

***

"So please, I'm dying to know. Just how did two people named on the Forbes 30 under 30 list get married?"

Jellal laughed at Mirajane's question. He and Erza were currently at a party that was being attended by many of the industry's leading CEOs and partners. The setting was quite extravagant and the twinkling chandelier lights caused Erza's hair to shine vibrantly, making Jellal struggle to keep his eyes off her long enough to maintain a conversation with someone else.