Lucky Bastard (Gruvia)

"JUVIA!" Gray shouted frantically as he ran around the rubble. "Juvia answer me! Please!"

He pushed away pieces of rock and coughed as he inhaled dust and other particles. Adrenaline rushed through his veins as he considered the worst— as he feared that the only person he has ever truly loved has left him, just like every person who's ever loved him has.

"G-gray-sama," a small mumble could be heard.

"JUVIA!" 

Gray quickly pushed the rubble out of Juvia's face and pulled her from the wreckage. He cradled her in his arms, checking for any signs of injuries.

Juvia coughed out the particles from her lungs, "Juvia is alright my love." She attempted to calm him down but Gray would not be at peace until she was either safely back at their house or the guild.

"You're not," he growled. "I'm gonna get Wendy."

Before he could run to get the small healing mage, Juvia tugged at his arm with the little strength she had left, "No Gray-sama. There are others that need her healing more than Juvia. Please just stay with Juvia."

He stood in his place for a moment, contemplating her words before sighing and giving in. He picked her up in his arms and went to sit against a building that was still half standing, scanning her body all over again.

Juvia smiled softly and ran her fingers over his forehead, flattening out the worry lines that he was expressing. She changed her fingers to water so she could wipe the soot from his face.

"Stop using your magic. Rest," Gray demanded.

"Juvia is okay. She only has small scratches and bruises, but nothing life-threatening."

"I know, but you shouldn't have been caught under all this wreckage in the first place, so take it easy."

Juvia frowned at Gray's tone of voice.

"It is Juvia's fault for staying near the buildings and not moving to a clearer area."

"No," Gray had a grim expression on his face, "I should've noticed you were caught under this wreck sooner."

When Gray had turned around, ready to congratulate Juvia on successfully taking down their enemy, he had panicked at the realization she was no longer standing in the area he'd last seen her in. His heart stopped when he realized that neither were the buildings.

Juvia slightly smiled, knowing that no matter how much she argued with this man he'd always find a way to blame himself.

"When we get home, will you help Juvia wash her hair?" she questioned softly.

Gray ran his fingers through her tangled azure locks, "Yes."

Even though he'd never admit it, Gray loved the intimacy of washing Juvia's hair. And even though she would shout it to the world if she could, Juvia was happy to keep his little secret, pulling it out in times like this when she needed to distract him.

"Juvia will help you wash yours too!"

Gray just nodded, the stress lines finally leaving his face. However, he didn't have an expression of peace just yet.

"Juvia will also cook your favorite but it is Gray's turn to do the dishes!" she continued casually naming their ordinary tasks as a couple living together.

Gray finally cracked a small smile causing Juvia's heart to swell.

"Oh really? 'Cause when I cooked I still had to do the dishes since Juvia fell asleep on the couch," he stated.

Juvia smiled innocently, "Juvia does not know what Gray is talking about."

He rolled his eyes, "Of course you don't."

She leaned up, pressing a chaste kiss to his cheek, "Juvia is lucky to have such a good boyfriend."

He looked down at her, holding her gaze for a couple of seconds before capturing her lips in a demanding kiss.

"You'll never know how much of a lucky bastard I am to have you," he replied.