The Conqueror of Flames

Announcer: His majesty, Gazel Dwargo will now enter!

When the morning arose, we were taking to the court house which was surrounded by numerous guards.

At the very top of the court, came the massive figure in armor known as Gazel Dwargo. Causing every person in the room to enter.

Judge: Everyone! We will now begin the trial.

In the Armed Nation of Dwargon, no is permitted to speak during a trial with the expressed permission of the king. Henceforth, a spokesperson is chose to represent the party for them.

Unfortunately, our spokesperson had been clearly bout out as instead of defending us, he fabricated a story that was meant to prove our guilt and make Vesta look like nothing but a bystander who had been randomly attacked without provocation.

To make matters even worse, Vesta had intentionally wrapped himself in several bandages and even a full arm cast to make it seem like he had suffered more then a few punches.

Judge: Everything you state is true?

Proxy: Yes, without a shadow of a doubt.

Vesta: King Gazel, now that you've heard the proxy's testimony. I request that you pass your strictest judgment on these vagrants! Please sir!

Judge: ...I will now deliver the verdict. Kaijin, as the main offender, you are here by sentence to twenty years forced labor in the mines. Next his accomplices, they will also serve time doing force labor for the next ten years. Court is now adjourned.

In that moment, I was about to break the chains, grab Rimuru and the others to escape when...

Gazel: Wait.

The court looked up at Gazel who was staring at Kaijin. But for a moment, I could've sworn his gaze was on me briefly before he turned to him

Gazel: It's been a while, Kaijin. Have you been well?

 Kaijin: Sir.

Kaijin, Vesta, and the others knelt to Gazel.

Judge: Answer his majesty, Kajiin.

Kaijin: Yes, I have been well my lord. And I am relived to see that you are also in good health.

Gazel: That is good to hear. Tell me, are you at all interested in returning to my ranks?

Silence.

Kaijin: ...Forgive me your majesty, but I have already sworn my allegiance to a master. My word and my oath are the greatest treasures that I own. And that is why... I could never do anything to forsake them. Even if you tried to order me to do so!

Guard: Insolence!

Every guard in the room immediately pointed their weapons at Kaijin who just held his stare with the Gazel who called off his guard.

Gazel: I see... I shall give my verdict! Kaijin and his companions are hereby exiled from this land! That is my verdict! Disappear from my sight.

Despite his firm words, if one looked closely enough, they would notice that the king seemed a little disappointed with the decision.

Judge: This court is now adjourned!

Gazel's POV:

When everyone had left the courthouse, Gazel had ordered everyone but Vesta to vacate the area so he could have a private discussion with the minister.

Gazel: So Vesta... is there anything you wish to say to me?

Vesta: M-Me sir? W-Well I... no, nothing.