Forest Disturbance

After some time, Rimuru finally woke up to greet our newly evolved subordinates.

Just like the Goblins, when they got named and evolved into the Hobgoblins and Goblinas. The Ogres had evolved into Kijin.

As a result of their evolution, not only had they become basically one of the most powerful people in this forest, but they also changed to a more Human like appearance.

Shame we only got six of them.

{Mimir: Actually, Goblins are a degraded version of the Kijin which are the descendants of the Enki, one of the original races of this world. This means that as time goes on, the Hobgoblins and Goblinas could evolve into Ogres and later on, Kijin.}

So what your saying is... every single Hobgoblin and Goblina in this village could become like Benimaru and the rest if given enough time and effort?

{Mimir: Pretty much.}

...Time to do some training!

And by training, I mean Hakuro taking some of our more skilled subordinates like Gobta and Gobzo; allowing him to mercilessly beat them into the ground until their a bloody and broken mess before healing them up and redoing it all over again.

While watching Hakuro tortur-I mean, train the others. Benimaru gave us a little more info on the Orcs.

Rimuru: Orc Lord?

Benimaru: To put it rather simply, a literal monster. Their an incredibly rare beast that is born to the Orcs every few centuries, similar to the Kijin actually. It is a unique monster that is capable of devouring the fear and anxiety of their comrades, making them an unnaturally effective leader.

Blake: What makes you think one is with them?

Benimaru: When they attacked my village, they seemed completely unfazed by the death of their own people. Hence, my suspicion.

Still seems a bit far fetched to me.

Rimuru: But why bother attacking your village in the first place?

Benimaru: ...I'm not sure if there's a connection, but shortly before the attack, a Majin came to our village. When he saw me, he said he'd give me a name. But he seemed rather untrustworthy, so I naturally refused; he cursed me while leaving the village.

Rimuru: A Majin... you think he was upset that you rejected his gift?

Benimaru: Perhaps, but I had no other choice. I'd never except such a gift from an unsuitable master. I am rather particular, so I wouldn't accept a name from just anyone.

Blake: This Majin... was he named Gelmud by chance?

Benimaru: Uh, I believe so... you know of him?

Blake: Before we got to this village. The Goblins actually had a named warrior with them who was son of Rigurd, the villages elder. According to Rigur, who was this warrior's brother, a Majin named Gelmud named him after seeing great potential within him.

Benimaru: Named someone from this village before your arrival? Why name someone from this place and then move on to the Ogres?

Sensing a familiar presence, we all turned in the direction of a tree where Souei then appeared kneeling under it.

Souei: I have something to report.

Blake: What is it?

Souei: I saw a group of Lizardmen heading this way.

Rimuru: Lizardmen? Not Orcs?

Souei: Correct. I believe the Lizardmen make their home in the marshlands, so it seems unnatural for them to stray so far away. I thought you should know.