6: i awake before my other half.

I didn't know what was going on for the longest time. I tried to make sense of what was going on. A couple of times, i blinked and hoped that i could make sense of it.

It was then that i noticed the figure standing in the distance. A grin on his face and a worried twinkle in his eyes.

I felt frozen for a moment, but Phoebus came up to me.

"My mother is gone." Is the first thing i said.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him. "I promise, you'll see her again."

I sobbed, i wanted to believe him but i couldn't, i know that death is permanent and i couldn't help but sob like a little kid. I had just lost my mom, the last person that cared about me and Percy. I didn't know what to do anymore.

I realised something, the minotaur.

I slightly pull away from Phoebus, i stared at him. I didn't know if i should ask or if i had imagined the monster.

"The minotaur." I said.

Phoebus frowned, looking worriedly at me. "What about it?"

"It was real, wasn't it?" I said, looking at him hopelessly, hoping that he would tell me i had imagined it. That i would wake up in the cabin in Montauk.

He nods his head. "I wish i could tell you it wasn't true."

"So where am i? In the real world." I said, i dropped down onto the ground. A white canvas with nothing but us there, not that i had realised it before.

"Camp Half-Blood." He answered simple.

"Like the summer address of Grover?"

He smiled. "Yes."

I tilt my head. "What kind of Camp? Half-blood doesn't sound like a normal camp name."

He chuckled. "You're a clever one, aren't you?" He said. "But to answer your question, it's a camp for children of the gods."

I frowned, a camp for kids of the gods. I remembered Grover mentioning something about the lord of the underworld. Hades. "The greek gods?"

"Yes, how did you figure that out?" He smirked, he seemed proud that i laid that connection and somewhat confused that i had guessed it right.

"Grover mentioned the lord of the underworld, he had satyr legs and the minotaur is from greek mythology. So i put two and two together." I said.

He cane to sit down next to me, it took him a few moments but he wraps an arm around my shoulder. "How could i forget, you're a clever girl."

I look at Phoebus, that same glow still lingers around him. And that's when i realise something, how didn't i notice it before.

"Apollo?"

He hummed softly, i wouldn't have heard it if i wasn't paying attention to him. He didn't seem to notice what i had called him and that i had figured him out. But the mere thought of me talking to a god was hard to believe.

I couldn't have imagined that a god would be interested in me, to protect me out of all the people in the world. What did i have that others didn't. I couldn't put my finger on it, i'm a twelve years old kid that hadn't even gone through puberty.

"You didn't notice what i called you, did you?" I said.

Which gained me his full attention. "I'm sorry, what?"

I chuckled. "The god of the sun, light, healing, disease, plague, music, art, poetry, archery, reason, knowledge, truth, and prophecy."

He seemed shocked for a moment, like he didn't think i would know that he's Apollo. That it wouldn't take me seconds after learning that greek mythology is real to know that he's the sun god.