13: Apologies, Sun gods and fathers.

The moment i had become determined, i think i fainted for a few moments.

I couldn't remember how i had gone from the creek in the woods to the dining pavilion. Maybe i blacked out or my brain was switched off momentarily. I wouldn't know, neither did i assume that i would ever know.

It took me a moment to realise i was sitting at the table of the Hermes Cabin. With Luke, Will and Percy. Concerned looks on their faces and a part of me wondered if i might have actually fainted. Not just blacked out or lost some memories. Straight up went unconscious.

"Daphne?" The voice of my twin breaks the silence.

I could see that Annabeth was standing a bit away from the table, pacing back and forth. I couldn't hear what she was mumbling but i could see her mouth move. She looked serious and concentrated on whatever thought had consumed her.

I hummed softly, Will held his hand against my face. "She's not burning up so that's good."

"What happened?" I asked.

Percy shared a look with Luke, something had happened and i hadn't been awake for it. But Luke took it upon himself to tell me, even though he wasn't my cabin counsellor anymore. Percy and i had become our own counsellors.

"You just went unresponsive." Luke said. "We called your name when it was time to leave but you didn't react, you seemed to have gone into shock."

"I'm sorry," I apologised.

I didn't know what had happened but i could imagine it must have scared some of them. But now begs my question, where was Chiron? I would have thought he would have been here to check up on me.

"Where's Chiron?"

Luke looked past me. "Right there."

I looked at the direction that Luke pointed at, the centaur was coming back our way with something in his hand. I think it was ambrosia, or something like it.

I looked down at my lap and noticed that i was still clutching the hilt in my hand. I couldn't imagine why i was still holding it and what had happened. Why didn't i drop it when i went into shock?

"You refused to let go of it." Luke explained. "We couldn't pry your fingers open. You seemed to have grown attached to it."

"thálassa rípti." I said.

"What?" Came Luke's voice.

"thálassa rípti, it's what Chiron called it."

"Sea raptor? That's a sword that was made for your father."

I nodded my head. "Yes, i guess i somewhat understand my attachment to it."

I guess that a part of me finally understood somethings about me. Why i loved the ocean so much, my ability to talk to a pegasus, why water bending came so naturally to me. I had inherited it all from my father, the man that wasn't suppose to have a child at all.

I was a forbidden child.

"It explains your talent with water." Will says.

"It indeed does." Chiron cut in.

I looked up at the activity director. He placed a glass of juice on the table for me and i already knew that it was ambrosia. I took a small sip of it, it tasted like my mother's home made chocolate chip cookies. Something i miss so dearly.

I felt sadness wash over me, i missed my mother so dearly. I miss her warm smile and how she would read me to sleep. I wanted to cry but i couldn't, no tears would gather in my eyes. My throat closed and i felt heavy. She had been everything to us, i want her back but i know i would never.