10: early morning chats with a goddess.

I was wide awake before the sun had even started to rise from the horizon. 'Thanks, Phoebus.' I just couldn't go back to sleep anymore.

Apparently, Apollo thought it was time for me to wake up and get the day started. I could have slept another hour or more. I was bad at laying in bed for unknown periods of time. So i flung my legs over the bedside and slit out of my sleeping bag.

No one was awake yet, i was the only one.

I wouldn't be awake either if i had a say in it. A hand grabs my wrist. "Where you going?" I turn to looked at my twin, who looked groggily awake. Blinking and must have woken up by my shuffling.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not sure, probably just gonna sit at the pier or something."

"Okay, be careful, though."

I nodded my head. "When am i not?" He gave me a look, i knew that look. "Get some more sleep, i'll be fine."

He nodded his head and let go of my hand. He turned around in his sleeping bag, clutching the minotaur horn to his chest. I slipped out of the sleeping back for real this time and left the cabin.

The entire camp looked still dark, the sky had started to turn a hue of orange, yellow and light blue. No one was around and the fire in the middle of the cabin area was smouldering slightly in the dark.

I didn't want to walk to the pier, sitting at the campfire and see if i could get it stoked back up. I took a seat at the edge of the campfire, grabbed a log from beside me. I threw it onto the smouldering coals.

'Please let this work, Hestia, please.'

For a moment nothing happened, then the fire broke out and leaped at the log in eager waves. I thanked Hestia for the fire and let myself get warmed up by it.

I stared into the fire for a while, adding logs and more logs to the fire. I watched it dance in front of me.

A little girl came sitting next to me, I recognised her from yesterday. She was tending to the fire, i had waved at her. "You up early." The little girl noted.

I smiled at her. "As are you. I got the first started again."

"I know, you prayed me to."

Shocked, i looked up at her. As she sat down next to me. "What?"

"You asked me to." The girl repeated.

"Lady Hestia? Goddess of the Hearth, Fire, Warmth, the Home, Family, Domesticity and the State?"

The girl nodded her head, and as to demonstrate that it really was her. She held her hands before the campfire and it roared for a moment. She didn't need to demonstrate herself, i believed her, i hadn't spoken out loud when i asked for it to work.

"Now begs my question, why are you up so early?"

I laughed. "Someone in my dream thought it would be funny to wake me this early. I don't mind though."

"Do you like camp so far?"

I eagerly nodded my head. "Yes, everyone's really nice to me. I want to believe i made many friends. I don't know if they really are but i like to think that everyone is my friend. Even you, if you want to of course."

A smile reached her lips. "I would love to, Daphne."

"Thanks," i said. "Wait, you know my name."

Her smile brightened. "Of course i do, someone can't stop talking about you."

My eyes widened. "Wait, he does?" I asked, felt the redness creeping up on my cheeks. "Entire Olympus?"

I really hoped he hadn't told the entirety of Olympus. What would they think of me, some twelve years old little girl that is a mortal. How can't he like some goddess or something, what do i have that the rest doesn't?