7: we play pinocle with a horse.

The next day came around, i had spent the rest of yesterday in the infirmary. Grover sat by me for a couple of hours, until it neared dinner time. I didn't have much injuries, they had began to heal already.

I had a lot of conversations with the infirmary nurse on duty. His name was Will, a very sweet kid that was still learning the ropes of healing, from an older kid, Lee. The two of us didn't know when to call it a night and go to sleep. Until, someone from above made it clear it was bedtime.

Now, the next day, i was a little tired but i was fine overall. Will was up and running like last night and told me to get out of bed. I listened, because he's the healer in training but still, he was tasked to change the sheets of the bed.

So i took a seat in the rocking chair that my brother was sat in.

Grover came by, just like yesterday, he was leaning against the railing of the porch. "Does he always sleep this much?" A girl from behind me asked, i turned around.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Beats me, he's never had to fight a bull-man before."

The girl nods. "He drools though."

I laugh, nodding my head. "That's Percy."

"I'm Annabeth, by the way." The girl introduced herself with a handshake.

I shook her hand. "Daphne."

She raises her brows. "Named after...?"

"Both the naiad nymph and the flower." I grin at her.

She smiled at me before she nodded her head. "Well, i'll see you around, Daphne." She said, walking away from me and Grover.

I didn't mind the silence between us, it left me with in my own peace and staring out at the strawberry fields. The weather looked nice, the sun bright and warm.

At some point, I went to read a book while Grover just waited for Percy to wake up. I didn't know how long that was gonna take but I didn't really mind either.

However, at some point i did wonder if i could talk to Phoebus in my head. I was wondering why he had picked me out of everyone in the world to be conversing with and protect, if he was true to his words.

'Could i talk to him?'

I doubted i would be able to, he would be to busy if i could but i didn't think he could just jump into someone's mind to have a conversation with them. That would be cool but scary at the same time.

'To who?' Comes a voice in my head.

I barely manage to hold onto my book before it could fall off my lap. Grover eyes me suspiciously as i must have looked like a startled deer.

'You.'

'Ah, yes, you could.'

I roll my eyes, he sounds way too cocky. I keep my mind at the book in my hands, lucky me, most books are in Latin. So i could easily read it but i don't think my mind will focus on that right now.

'Why me?'

A chuckle echos through my mind. I'm not sure if he thought this to be a funny joke or if he's amused about me.

'Care to elaborate?'

'Why did you pick me as interest? Out of all the men and women.'

I could hear chuckle echo through my mind again. I was sure he was very amused about this. But i was dead serious about my question. I was just some random kid that couldn't be anything special.