chapter 8

Taylor Swift-Look at what you made me do

As I wandered through the school corridors, golden leaves danced gracefully through the air, carried by fall's tender embrace. The streets below transformed into a mosaic of amber and russet, kissed by the fading warmth of the summer sun. In the blink of an eye, the season shifted, a fleeting moment where the sun's golden glow washed over everything, leaving no room for complaints. Unbeknownst to us, it might already be our final year together. Yet, our smiles remained untouched, laughter echoing through the corridors as if we were the sole inhabitants of the planet. We laughed, we loved, we strived to better ourselves, teetering between childhood innocence and the weight of adulthood's responsibilities. With the whole world ahead of us, we had yet to realize the long journey awaiting.

And there I found myself, amidst the laughter and chatter of my peers.

"I can't believe it," exclaimed Jisung, bubbling with excitement.

"You're right. I can hardly believe it," sighed a girl, her exhaustion evident despite her towering presence.

"Nobody cares about sports competitions in our school, Jisung. Can you keep quiet for at least a minute, please?" Lee Know chimed in.

"Brah, y/n was actually listening to me. You're so mean. And not only that but I can't complete such hard tasks," Jisung exclaimed even louder.

"I wasn't," I interjected, minding my own business.

There was a long pause.

"It's going to be exciting, right?" Jisung continued, gesturing wildly. "Are you deliberately ignoring me?"

"No, what gave you that idea?" the girl retorted sarcastically.

"Yes, we are," Lee Know confirmed simultaneously.

"I can't believe you're both so mean," Jisung pouted.

"No, we're not. Speaking the truth doesn't make us mean, darling," Lee Know countered.

"Ugh, you're just jealous," Jisung teased.

Lee Know glanced at Jisung, appraising him from head to toe. "Jealous? Of what? Have you ever looked in the mirror?"

"I'm the prettiest, aren't I, y/n?" Jisung turned to me expectantly.

"What made you think so? I am the prettiest one," I raised an eyebrow.

"Jealousy, I smell it in the air."

Encountering Felix at school felt surreal. It had been long enough to get used to it, yet the memories lingered in the air. As I opened my locker, an unusual sight greeted me—the school hallway adorned with blue and red hearts, scattered like confetti on the floor. It was THE DAY, a tradition where hearts symbolized affection and camaraderie.

"Oh, our y/n is quite popular," Jisung nudged me mischievously, waggling his eyebrows.

A tall figure clad in a sleek black suit caught my attention—a monolith amidst the bustling crowd. His presence commanded attention, exuding an aura of mystery and authority that seemed to ripple through the hallway. Whispers rippled through the crowd as curious glances were exchanged, but none dared to approach.

As he drew nearer, memories flooded my mind, each step stirring echoes of the past. Unexpectedly, he was by my side, helping me gather my scattered belongings without a word. Our hands brushed as we reached for the same heart—a tradition in our school, where hearts symbolized affection and camaraderie.

But as Felix handed me a blue heart and whispered words of jest and charity, something shifted within me. "Oh, my little Pumpkin is quite popular...It is a pity that I got more hearts. But I can give you one, if you want. I am all for charity."

 It was a moment of realization, a recognition that things would never be the same again. However, it's a pity for you that I'm the lucky one right now.

 However, it's a pity for you that I'm the lucky one right now