Happy Baking

"Give me that!" You screeched, hurling yourself at Niko.

     "OW!" He wailed through his infinite laughter, holding up the bag of flour which was obviously out of your reach.

     You strained as you gripped into him from the back, legs wrapped around his waist and arms painfully pushing onto his shoulders.

     "Give. It." You swatted at his raised arm in attempt to get the flour "OMILANA!" You roared into his ear, causing him to flinch in pain, relaxing his arm, allowing you to snatch the bag and land perfectly on your feet.

     "You are crazy." Niko rubbed his ear as he eyed your proud face.

     "You're a disappointment." You comment, trying your best to hold a serious face.

     "And you're short." He responds bluntly, making you spill out in giggles which contagiously got to him.

     The two of you laugh, mutually staring and resulting in harder laughter because of how ridiculously funny you both looked while doing it.

     "Oh my god," you wheeze grabbing onto the table "I can't breathe."

     Niko replies with a series of coughs before taking in a sharp breath and calming down.

     "Your face," he shakes his head, without evaluating exactly what 'your face.

     "Alright," you sniff before reading the instructions off your phone. "Add the flour to the mixture."

     Niko takes the bowl of your previously mixed ingredients and places it in front of you, pointing at it.

     "What?" You eye him "Give me the measuring cup!" You say aggressively.

     "I was supposed to be chef. Why are you giving me orders!? You can't even bake!"

     You scoff "And you can!?"

     "Yes!"

     "No!"

     He groans and obediently goes to find a clean measuring cup while you continued to read the instructions.

     "Wait." Niko pauses with the measuring cup in hand. "Can Muslims have dairy?"

     You freeze and look up at him. And then your expression changes as you furrow your eyebrows

     "You're the one who was friends with him for like five years, genius."

     "I forgot." Niko says innocently as his eyebrows knit on his forehead.

     "Aj probably should reconsider inviting you over after that statement." You open google and read aloud, "Milk, cheese, yogurt and butter can all be eaten."

     Niko lets out a genuine sigh and hands you the measuring cup.

     You take the packet of flour and rip it open, making a small cloud of white burst.

     "You're gonna make a mess!" Niko shouted out playfully, grabbing your shoulders and pretending to be bothered.

     "This?" You look at him "A mess?"

     He blinked.

     "I'll show you a mess."

     Niko didn't even have a second to say 'no I'm sorry l was just playing' when he felt your hands rubbing all over his face, smudging a chalky texture onto his cheeks.

     "Oh no." You said extra sarcastically "A mess!" And then went back to measuring out the ingredients.

     Niko stood behind you in pure shock. Eyebrows up and mouth wide open. He couldn't tell if you were playing, like him, or if he just genuinely managed to piss you off.