Making Pizza

You looked at your boyfriend who had just opened the door and frowned.

     You were due to go out for date night but as soon as you arrived from your friend's house and opened the door you knew you weren't going out.

     He had large eye bags and his eyes were red. His cheeks were rosy too.

     "Hey love" he rasped out.

     You smiled at him softly before entering and closing the door.

     "Are you feeling okay?" You asked, worry clearly lacing your voice as you sat on the sofa, him sitting next to you.

     He laid his head on your shoulder and mumbled, "mhm all good."

     You felt his forehead and grimaced at the feeling. It was hot.

     "Oh geez, you're hot"

     Niko smirked "I know I am"

     When his eyes opened, they sparkled, clearly due to the fever he was gaining.

     "Oh honey you don't look well, maybe we should stay home" you suggested.

     His calm expression changed into a worried, almost panicky one "what?! No-I-I'm feeling great"

     By this point he had sat up and was looking at you.

     "Love it's okay to be sick, it happens to us all" you reminded him

     "B-but I had a lot planned and you were really excited and I don't want to let you down and-"

     You silenced him by grabbing his hands and he looked at you.

     "Niko it's okay, honestly" you paused for a second "you know what, how about we have date night here"

     He blinked for a few secs before looking at you "are you sure?"

     You nodded happily "yeah I don't mind, anywhere with you is great, let me know if you feel really ill again"

     He nodded happily "I will!"

     You and Niko moved to the kitchen to begin making the pizza, first kneading the dough.

     While you were adding the tomato sauce, Niko sneakily placed some on your nose.

     "Hey!" You giggled and did the same to his cheek causing him to laugh too.

     Then you sprinkled the cheese onto your pizza before deciding the other toppings, which was just going to be chicken pieces. Niko, on the other hand, just had plain cheese.

     You placed the pizzas in the oven before sitting on the sofa. Niko laid next to you with his head on your lap.

     His body was lazily hugging your waste as you ran your hands through his hair, something random was playing on the tv.

     You could feel his breath getting deeper and deeper, showing that he was falling asleep slowly.

     When the pizzas were done in the oven you carefully moved Niko and laid his head on a pillow while you took them out the oven.

     They cooled down for a little and then took them into the living room. You gently shook Niko awake and spoke softly, "The pizzas are ready"

     After eating the pizzas you moved to the bedroom. He didn't eat a lot but you were just satisfied that he ate something.

     "I'm sorry for ruining date night" Niko mumbled when you were both in bed.

     "Love it's alright, I had fun with you tonight" you smiled and he smiled back.

     You began to massage his head and he groaned in delight.

     He snuggled into you as he watched what was on the tv. You just shoved on police interceptors.

     You didn't mind date night in when you spent it with your love.

Original author on tumblr: @ajspizza