Cooking is my Speciality

You yawned, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. Yes, you were sick, but you were the chef in the house.

     Right before you opened the door to the kitchen, you smelt something cooking, sniffing as you slowly opened the door.

     Your eyes widened in shock and you started laughing as you saw the scene in front of you.

     Niko cooking?

     Clearly, he couldn't hear your laughter because the sound of the grill was loud at what he was cooking.

     He was at grill, pouring batter into a frying pan, wondering what he was making. You slowly tip toed over to the taller man.

     Peeking over his shoulder, you saw him making what looked like ... pancakes?

     Well thats what you assumed it was because they looked a bit, deformed.

     You turned your head backwards and started to cough a bit because your throat was getting itchy.

     Niko turned his head, jumping back, and his eyes widened as he saw you there.

     "Oh my gosh, baby, you scared me." He said, putting a hand to his heart as you stood there suppressing a few giggles at his reaction.

     "You're supposed to be in bed, you know?" He put the pan off to the side of the stove so it wouldn't burn and placed his hands on his hips, turning back to you.

     "You're sick."

     You made a face that said to him, "No, really??"

     "Yeah, but clearly, you need help from a professional chef. Your "pancakes" are all deformed. I dont think you can even classify them as pancakes." You stated as a matter of fact, pointing to the plate which laid a few deformed pancakes.

     "Don't you worry your little head about no pancakes, those are for me." He chuckles at seeing your brows furrow in confusion but also relief.

     "Let's get you upstairs. You need your beauty rest. You're up so early." Niko tried to push you towards the door, but you wouldn't budge.

     So he resorted to the one tactic he knew would work.

     He swiftly grabbed your legs and back and carried you bridal style. Laughing as he heard your small protests of telling him to put you down.

     He ignored them obviously and carried you back to your room and plopped you onto your bed.

     "Now, stay here, and I'll bring your breakfast back to you." He turned towards the door but looked back at you and pointed a finger at you. "You better not go back downstairs again." And he closed the door behind him.

     You just rolled your eyes at him but started smiling.

     It was so heartwarming to see your boyfriend take care of you. Even if he didn't let you cook, which was one of your passions. He loved you, and you could see it in the way he treated you.

     'Honestly, I got a good one, you thought to yourself, making you smile wider to yourself.

     And you drifted back off to sleep.

     It must've been an hour or more before you felt a hand shake your arm slightly. Opening your eyes, you were met with brown ones that smiled at you. You smiled back and turned to see in front of you, a tray full of food.

     "I made you breakfast." Niko smiled, but something about his smile seemed off. Like he was hiding something.

     "Really? You made this?" You asked, looking surprised and excited at the same time.

     There was an array of food, ranging from soups to pastries and fruit salads. Most of the foods you assumed were to help you get better, which is why there wasn't much sweet food.

     "Cooking is my speciality, baby." He winked and put a hand on your shoulder, motioning you to eat up.

     The food was surprisingly delicious. You've tried Nikos food once before, and let's just say ... it was interesting.

     But the breakfast he made seemed like he became a 5 star chef in just a few hours.

     Still in disbelief, you asked him, mouth slightly full. "Did you really make this? This is amazing."

     He scratches the back of his neck and looks away, chuckling, "Yeah, well..."

     He throws his hands up in honesty, "Ok, I can't lie to you anymore, I got someone to cook that for you. I didn't cook it. Well, I did, but I just helped. It's more like I plated it."

     You narrow your eyes towards him but then you shake your head and start laughing.

     "So you got like a 5 star chef downstairs?"

     "Ehh, well, it's Chunkz."

     You make an "o" with your mouth while nodding, it makes sense now, Chunkz is a great chef.

     But you honestly appreciated everything that Niko has done for you. You absolutely adored this man.

     "Niko, thank you, though. Honestly, I appreciate this so much." You get out of bed and wrap your arms around his neck and engulf him in a hug which he returns.

     "I love you." You lean in to kiss him, but he backs away laughing. Waving his pointer finger in your face, in a motion that signs "no"

     "Not while you're sick, baby." He places a kiss on your forehead, though, when he sees you frowning. "I'll go get a cloth for your forehead. You're burning up."

     He walked towards the door, but not before giving you a smile you loved so much.

     You hated being sick, but if you have Niko taking care of you, maybe you didn't hate it as much.

Original author on tumblr: @shuuuuush