Chapter 5

They spent the next two days planning on how to get Nova's kingdom back. "I can't just kill the council Bjorn. I need to get my people's trust back but that's what I'm having trouble figuring out." Nova sat there with her head in her hands.

"Hey we will figure it out princess." Thalia rubbed her back and looked over at Sigurd who was still not awake on the couch. Nova is already stress about the takeover but she keeps saying they needed to plan more but they all know she doesn't want to leave Sigurd like this.

"Maybe we can expose the council admitting that they killed your family." Kaia sat there balancing her knife on her finger. "How are we supposed to do that?!" Nova snapped and Kaia jumped and dropped her knife on the floor.

"I'm sorry I'm just starting to think getting my kingdom back is a lost cause." Nova laid her head on the table with the map of her kingdom on it. "Hey kid don't lose hope we will figure it out." Bjorn looked over the map and everything they drew out.

"What if you get another kingdom to help you?" Everyone jumped up and looked over at the couch. Sigurd was awake and giving them advice on something he was against a few days ago. "Sigurd you're awake!" Nova ran over to his side and cried next to him.

"How am I still alive?" He looked at his stomach and saw it was stitched up. "Thalia cut you open repaired the damage and closed the wound. None of us knew what to do but she jumped in action." Kaia spoke up and sat next to Nova and consoled her.

"You saved me?" He looked at Thalia with a shocked expression. "Why would you do that? I tried to kill you and get rid of you." Thalia leaned back in her chair and looked at Nova. "I tried to kill Nova and she forgave me, why can't I do the same? Plus that would put her in a spiral if she killed you I couldn't let that happen. Believe it or not I care about her."

Nova looked down so Thalia wouldn't see her blush. Sigurd looked up at the ceiling and sighed. "I'm sorry I was acting irrational but I can't join you in the fight to get your kingdom back. I swore to myself I would never be someone I vow to get rid of in this world."

Nova nodded and looked at him with a worried look. "If I took my kingdom back would you try to kill me like the others you are after?" Sigurd sat up quickly but got a sharp pain so he laid back down. "Nov I would never hurt you! Maybe you can actually make a difference and I don't have to go after so many royals."

Bjorn cleared his throat and everyone looked at him. "Doesn't the king of the Forest Elves have like a type of magic to make anyone speak the truth?" Nova laughed at what he said and walked over to the table. "The Forest elves have a charm that causes anyone to speak the truth. He doesn't have truth magic. No one has truth magic."

Bjorn rolled his eyes and he still doesn't get magic even though all year Nova has been teaching him. "Anyway why don't we do Sigurd's idea and join up with the Forest kingdom and use the charm on the council when they are in front of your kingdom."

Nova thought for a minute and looked at Thalia for reassurance. "How will we get them to say it in front of the kingdom?" Thalia looked at the map on the table. "Let me handle that part. Let's just focus on getting the charm and the Forest kingdom on our side." Nova jumped up excited. "Okay let's do this thing!"

Nova and Thalia ventured towards the Forest kingdom and Kaia and Bjorn stayed at the hideout to make sure Sigurd was okay. They were going to meet up with the girls in a week north of the Forest kingdom.

"We are running low on rations we should stop in the next kingdom to stock up." Thalia looked through her bag and didn't like how low everything was. They were going a lot slower with Thalia's leg still injured. She hated that she was being a burden. "I don't know Lia the next kingdom is Goblin kingdom."