Chapter 6

Thalia leaned up against a tree watching Alwyn make a campfire. They got out of the Goblin kingdom but tomorrow is when they were supposed to meet up with Bjorn and Kaia, so they are just making camp so they can all go into the Forest Kingdom together.

Thalia walked over to the river where Nova was getting water. "Can we talk princess?" Nova looked up at Thalia and shook her head no. Nova walked back to the camp and Thalia threw a rock in the river. "I don't get it she hangs around criminals, they probably have killed in front of her before so why is she mad at me?" Thalia whisper to herself.

Nova sat at the fire next to Alwyn. "Why are you upset with Thalia she was protecting you? She seems to really care about you. How long have you guys known each other?" Nova sighed and poked the fire with a stick.

"I just met her a couple days ago. The council sent her to kill me actually but I convinced her I didn't kill my family and now she is going to help me take my kingdom back." Alwyn's eyes widen and look over at Thalia walking back from the river. "The hell Nova she can still try to hurt you! Is that why you are mad at her?"

"She won't hurt me! This whole time on this trip she has protected me. I'm not mad at her I'm just really upset because I haven't seen someone get killed like that since my family." They hear a gasp behind them and they turn to see Thalia behind them.

"I'm so sorry Nova I didn't even think about that, I was just thinking about how to save you!" Nova stands up and walks over to her. "Let's go talk." She grabbed Thalia's hand and they walked over to the river. "I'm upset with you because when I get my kingdom back the Goblin kingdom might start a war because you killed their king."

"There was no way out of there without killing." Thalia tries to grab Nova's hand but Nova pulled it away. "Do you always think killing is the answer?!" The horror of the act shattered Nova's belief in the goodness in Thalia.

"Princess you know that's my job right I am hired to eliminate threats and he was a threat to you I couldn't let him kill you! It was you or him and I was not going to sit and let him claim you as his wife or kill you!" Thalia stopped walking and faced Nova.

Nova looked at Thalia with a hurt but caring look on her face. "I need you to understanding killing is what got me in this position in the first place and I would have agreed to becoming his wife just for enough time to get out of there safely. You could have die killing him, his knights could have went in a frenzy and killed you. I can't lose anyone else."

Thalia pulled Nova into a hug and held her tight. "No one has ever cared for me like this before. Just know the path of a mercenary is a dangerous one but I'm willing to risk my life to protect to you. Your safety is my priority and I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe."

Nova laid her head on Thalia's chest and starts to cry. "I'm just so scared I've lost so much and taking my kingdom back might risk losing more." Thalia held her tight and rubbed her back. "I can't make any promises but I can give you my word that I will make sure to think of the well being of everyone you love before I do anything and I will protect them too."

Thalia sighs and thinks about how she will get the council to confess in front of the kingdom and it's not good.

"Hey are you okay?!" Thalia and Nova look up to see Kaia running towards them. Nova jumped out of Thalia's arms and ran over to Kaia. Thalia misses the contact and continues to walk to the river.

"Your friend Alwyn told us what happened! Did you really have to fight in an arena and Thalia killed the king?!" Nova shook her head yes and looks behind her to see Thalia gone. Nova told Kaia everything that happened and starts to cry.