27 [] Trust

TW: MINOR SWEARING

"GOD DAMMIT ESPRESSO YOU'VE GOT TO STOP SCARING ME LIKE THAT!"

Latte exclaims and goes back to the kitchen. Espresso pinched himself to make sure he was awake but then realized that might not work. He got up and walked over to his door frame to look at the hall. Everything seemed pretty normal.

Espresso looked around as he walked into the hallway and then into the kitchen. It seemed like it was normal.

Espresso walked into the kitchen to see that Latte had already made coffee and out it on the kitchen table. He walked into the room and grabbed his coffee. He stared at it before sipping it. It wasn't a dream, after all. Latte was making breakfast. Espresso turned on the radio.

Latte listened as she prepared breakfast, and Espresso sipped his coffee and got out the plates/bowls and some spoons, followed by forks.

"I had another weird dream again."

Espresso said, and Latte glanced at him.

"Probably another peek into the future. Like your last one with the stairs."

She said, putting fried rice in the bowls. After a moment, they were eating at the kitchen table. The snow outside was still there and didn't seem like it was melting any time soon. Espresso drank some of his coffee and chewed his breakfast.

Latte didn't seem to put much thought into Espressos' dream. She simply just finished eating and put her plate in the sink.

"Im gonna stop by Madeleine early since Im meeting up with Raspberry today."

Latte said before leaving the kitchen into her room. Espresso sat there for a while, not wanting to finish his food. He got up and scooped some of the food into the trash can. He didn't feel like finishing. Espresso went over to the sink and then put his bowl in the sink.

Then, he started walking to his room.

Later, after Latte had left, he made another coffee and started chugging it. The nightmare made him feel tired. The coffee didn't help. Somehow.

Espresso finished his coffee and decided to go visit Madeleine. He got his jacket and scarf and pulled his gloves onto his hands. Espresso walked out the door, and a gust of wind passed by him, followed by some snow flakes.

He spotted Pure Vanilla sitting on a bench nearby and decided to go say hi. As he walked over, he noticed Pure Vanilla was looking at an old photo. It was of himself, Hollyberry, Dark Cacao, and another cookie. One with white hair, a long braid, and magenta eyes. Espresso realized that it was White Lily and then waved at Pure Vanilla.

Pure Vanila waved back as Espresso walked through the snow. He spotted Sparkling and Herb at the front of Madeleines place. The two noticed him and waved at the coffee mage as espresso approached.

"Long time no see Espresso!"

Sparkling said and patted Espressos back.

"It's been a while hasnt it?"

Herb commented, and Espresso nodded. Sparkling knocked on the door, and Madeleine opened it.

"Oh! Espresso Latte just came by, and hey, Sparkling! Oh, and hi Herb,"

Madeleine let them in, and Espresso asked how he was doing with walking. Madeleine said he was doing fine. Espresso went into the kitchen to make coffee and Herb and Sparkling, followed by Madeleine, and went to the living room.

"So uh, we're here to ask."
Sparkling paused, checking to see if espresso was still in the kitchen.

"Is it true that Espresso did infact push you down the stairs?"

Sparkling asked, and Herb glanced at the two.

"I mean - yeah, but like we're fine now - "
"But like, he did push you - . . ."
Herb commented after Madeleine spoke.

"We're just worried he was trying to get rid of you, so he might be, you know. Are he might be trying again?"

Herb said, holding his potted plant.

"1. I trust him, dont worry. 2. How are you keeping that plant alive - . . ."

"The plant doesn't matter. Are you 100% sure that you can trust him?"

Sparkling asked, glaring at Madeleine for an honest response.

"Yes."

Madeleine said, jokingly glaring back at Sparkling.

"... I trust that you're making the right decision, Madeleine. "

Sparkling said, and Espresso came back with his coffee. A few moments passed of them talking about their day and how it's been since the last time they talked. Sparkling said that Vampire Cookie was too wasted to come. So they left him at the tavern.

Then, Sparkling and Herb left thinking that vampire Cookie might be awake already. Espresso watched them leave and then faced Madeleine again. Madeleine seemed to be rethinking his trust in espresso.

"Something wrong?"

Espresso asked as he drank some of his coffee. Madeleine looked up at him and shook his head.

"Im fine, just thinking."

Espresso nodded and sat down next to Madeleine. And then started drinking his coffee. Espressso then turned on the radio, and the two started listening in silence.

"What were you and Sparkling and Herb talking about?"

Espresso asked as he sipped his coffee. And Madeleine shrugged.

"We were just catching up on the last few things since we haven't talked in a while. They're together now."

"I've heard that vampire, Herb, and sparkling are together."

Espresso commented, drinking his coffee. Madeleine nodded a bit, surprised but also not that surprised in general.

"I expected that. They're always with each other. And just always with each other."

Madeleine said, and Espresso drank his coffee.

"I understand what you're saying."

Espresso said, drinking his coffee. There was a pause. Just the muffled sound of the radio playing in the background. It was cold. Madeleine started talking as espresso listened.

"Oh, and I haven't told you yet, have I?"
Espresso said, and Madeleine paused in the middle of his sentence. Espresso cleared his throat.
"Latte and Raspberry have been together for a while now."
He said, drinking his coffee.

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!?"

"IT WAS FUNNY WATCHING YOU TRY TO MAKE A POINT!"

Espresso started laughing as Madeleine started to go on his rampage of how he was trying to make a point to espresso and when espresso kept saying they were dating. The whole time, Espresso knew it.

"ACK I HATE YOU!"
Madeleine said, and Espresso continued to laugh.
"YEAH, YEAH!"

After a moment, Madeleine started laughing along, and Espresso continued to laugh at him as he put his coffee on the living room table.

"I HATE - "
Madeleine couldn't hold a sentence and continued to laugh.

Espresso chuckled, and Madeleine continued to laugh. After a moment, the laughing died down, and they continued to talk.

"Oh, what did I say?"
"THAT RASPBERRY AND LATTE ARE ACTUALY DATING."
"Nah, they aren't dating."
"I- FUCK YOU."

WORDS: 1183
Was listening to 'Stronger than you', so I got motivated

IM NOT MAD THAT I KEEP DYING
BUT I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY IM TRYING

RIGHT NOW IM MADE OF LO-O-VE *epik Music*
OF LO-O-O-O-VE

SO JUST GO AHEAD TO HIT ME SINCE YOUR ABLE

Such an epik song 10/10 recommended.