Regulus

TW: Lots of torture in this chapter, brace yourselves and please look after yourselves<3

I'm seated next to my Mother at a long marble dining table amongst a group of Death Eaters and the atmosphere has never been so tense
All of the Hogwarts members are back for their first meeting since the summer and we're all expected to deliver reports.
Here is where I begin climbing my way up to the top so I can be a double agent for the Order.
I spot Arlo but I don't acknowledge him, I can't let on that I care about anyone in this room in case The Dark Lord wants to use them against me.
I look to see if I recognise anyone else. I see familiar faces of people whose names I do not know.
Then I see Severus Snape and I have to grit my teeth to stop myself from giving him a dirty look. Animosity between me and another Death Eater wouldn't look good either.
I then see...Barty? I have to bite back my surprised expression.
I feel constantly watched in this room.
"Now, if remembered, I asked those of you at Hogwarts to feed back valuable information to me. I hope you will have tried your very best to please your Lord. I am under the impression we have the Black heir with us. I shall let him deliver his report first. After all, the Black family is one of the purest in Britain, I would hope young Regulus will set the standard for you all lest he wish to bring dishonour upon his family" The Dark Lord announces, his voice sending a shiver down my spine. I swallow and try my hardest to smother my anxiety and replace it with a stoic expression.
"I thank you greatly, My Lord" I begin, bowing my head in respect which seems to please him.
"From what I have gathered, Dumbledore is trying his hardest to conceal anything out of the ordinary. There's no signs of a possible war, the students are none the wiser. I believe Dumbledore is over confident, he will leave things far too late, Hogwarts will be unprepared. I overheard some Gryffindors in the corridors discussing the fact that an Order meeting is also taking place during the holidays, today in fact. They weren't clear on what was being discussed, I suspect they aren't trusted with that information yet, but from what they were saying they didn't sound to confident in Dumbledore taking the threat of war seriously" I continue. I feel sick with every word I say. I don't want to give the Dark Lord anything, but I know I need to feed him information if I want him to trust me. Besides, this information isn't anything too telling.
"Excellent" The Dark Lord praises with a sickening grin. I feel my Mother squeeze my arm to signal that she is happy with my deliverance and I feel even more nauseas.
The Dark Lord turns his attention to the rest of the Death Eaters. "This is the level of deliverance I expect from you, fruitful with information and a slight baseline opinion. I have the utmost expectations for all of you" The Dark Lord announces.
"The next I wish to hear from is you" The Dark Lord states, pointing his wand directly at Arlo. I feel fear rip through me but I maintain my stoic expression and hope that Arlo has something that will please him.
Arlo clears his throat "Thank you, My Lord" Arlo begins in a similar fashion to me. The Dark Lord doesn't seem to care, though, he seems to like the flattery. "I have heard from some students that are Members of the Order that Dumbledore does not plan on training the Order members, however, there are rumours of self defense classes beginning at Hogwarts in the new year so Dumbledore may have to let on some worries of a war" Arlo continues
"Dumbledore always was a foolish man!" The Dark Lord spits "What is your name?" He asks Arlo
"Arlo, My Lord, Arlo Reins" Arlo replies
"Arlo, excellent, I am happy to have you as part of my following, you look to be a promising member of my regime" The Dark Lord praises.
He next picks on a boy who says his name is Jacob Planes. Unfortunately for Jacob, all he could say was that there was no mention of war at Hogwarts, and this did not please the Dark Lord.
"Stupid boy! Have you not been listening? We are aware of this! Let me make my first example of you to prove how serious I am on my threats" The Dark Lord seethes.
Jacob is trembling and begging the Dark Lord not to hurt him, but he can barely say please before the Dark Lord crucios him. He screams. His screams echo around him. I look straight forward and breathe heavily, clenching my fists as I wait for him to stop the torture so that Jacob's screams stop ringing in my ears.
After a minute or two the torture stops and Jacobs screams have reduced to sobs. This annoyed the Dark Lord further "Silencio!" He curses and now Jacob cannot make a single sound.
The Dark Lord moves on swiftly, turning his attention to Barty
"You are new, tell me your name" the Dark Lord demands
"Barty Crouch Jr, My Lord" Barty replies
"Any relation to Bartemius Crouch?" Asks The Dark Lord with interest
"Unfortunately he is my Father, My Lord" Barty replies
"Interesting. Tell me what you know" The Dark Lord demands
"Nothing from Hogwarts. However, the ministry is now divided, the Minister refuses to believe anything is wrong, so the ministry officials that believe war is afoot are on the border of rioting to force the Minister to take a course of action. It seems as though the Ministry is on the brink of having a civil war, which means it should be weakened by the time the war is in full force which will work in our favour" Barty replies
"Excellent, excellent" The Dark Lord drawls
His attention finally turns to Severus.
"You, who are you?" Asks the Dark Lord
"Severus Snape, My Lord" Severus replies
"What are your findings?" Asks the Dark Lord
"I am of the understanding that there are a group of Gryffindors trying to recruit as many Order members within Hogwarts" Severus replies
"Do you have names?" Asks the Dark Lord
"Namely James Potter and Sirius Black" Severus replies
It takes everything in me not to lunge over the table and throttle him.
"I am unsurprised that the Potters would choose to consort with Mudbloods and disgrace the name of Wizard, but I am surprised to hear of another Black" The Dark Lord states, rounding his attention on my Father.
"You have another son, Orion?" Asks the Dark Lord
"Not at all, My Lord, Sirius has been disowned the moment he ran from the family. He disgraced us, we do not speak of him" My Father replies, unable to meet the Dark Lord's eyes.
For the first time in my life I see that my Father is fearful, he fears what the Dark Lord could do to him, what the Dark Lord might do at any moment.
"He still holds the Black name, he still disgraces you and you never thought to inform me? Did you plan to deceive me forever?" Asks the Dark Lord
"Not at all, My Lord, I only ever wish to serve you" My Father replies
"That does not heal my disappointment, Orion" The Dark Lord drawls, almost bored.
He points his wand at my Father and I see him stiffen, fear filling his eyes. He lifts my Father off of his chair and into the air, hoisting him into the air over the table for everyone to witness
"I want you all to know I do not tolerate being disappointed or deceived" The Dark Lord announces
"Crucio!" The Dark Lord curses and my Father screams, his body writhing in the air as he tries to fight off the pain encapsulating his body.
"If there are anymore disappointments in the duration of this meeting, Orion will be the brunt of the punishment, so he and the rest of you learn your lesson" the Dark Lord continues
"Crucio!" He curses causing my Father to scream and writhe once more.
My Father was crucio'd five more times during the meeting. I hated to watch it, and his screams will probably haunt me for the rest of my life, but part of me deep down hopes this teaches him a lesson. Part of me hopes this means my parents will never resort to torture as a punishment.
Of course, that's wishful thinking, but it's a a hope at the very least.
"Before the meeting ends, I have to announce the first missions I will be assigning to signify the early days of the beginning of the war" the Dark Lord announces. We all listen intently.
"I have been judging you based on the deliverance of your information and have selected a few people I wish to spy on the Order for me" The Dark Lord continues. My ears prick up.
"I am aware it is very early, but I believe it is imperative of us to learn the Order's strategy from the very beginning"
I wait anxiously, hoping my information was valuable enough to be considered. If so my plan is going to pan out far earlier than I expected.
"Regulus Black" The Dark Lord says my name and I immediately turn my attention to him "Yes, My Lord?" I say curtly
"I wish for you to approach Dumbledore upon your return to Hogwarts and ask him to join the Order, say that you're seeking refuge from the Death Eaters, if Dumbledore is still as weak as he was when I was a Hogwarts student, he will take you in. You will attend every Order meeting in the holidays, even if they coincide with Death Eater ones. You will then immediately report to me. All you must do is touch your mark with your wand to summon me and I will appear expecting fruitful information. Do you feel as though you are able to so this?" Asks The Dark Lord.
I nod "it would be the greatest honour to serve you in this way, My Lord" I say, bowing my head.
"Excellent. The other person I wish to be my spy is Arlo Reins, are you up to the task, Arlo?" Asks the Dark Lord
"Of course, My Lord, it is my duty to serve" Arlo replies.
"Excellent. I will only expend two of my members so far to save too much suspicion from the Order. We cannot cause too much distrust just yet, we are simply gathering evidence to make calculated attacks" The Dark Lord explains.
Severus Snape raises his hand "My Lord" Severus states
"Severus, what is it you wish to say?" Asks The Dark Lord
"I wish to volunteer as a spy for the Death Eaters, I promise I will not fail you" Severus replies
"I have already chosen my spies, Severus, but I admire your eagerness" The Dark Lord states dismissively.
"I just do not trust that Black will do as well as I" Severus retorts. I clench my fists.
"You dare question my judgement?" Asks the Dark Lord scathingly.
Severus recoils and shakes his head "Of course not, My Lord, my sincerest apologies, I- I got carried away" Severus states quickly
"Indeed. Do not let it happen again, Severus, I would hate to see such a young man in Orion's position" The Dark Lord warns.
Severus nods and bows his head. Part of me feels smug seeing Severus struck down and dismissed like that, but I daren't show any expressions.
The Dark Lord returns my Father to his seat. My Father is shaking still and his hands are spasming in the aftermath of his torture.
The meeting ends and finally, after what feels like an eternity, we are permitted to leave that god awful room.

______________________________

Hello there my lovelies!

Here is a very angsty, heavy chapter for you because we are entering war times after all! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one! I'll catch you in the next one! Until then, have a great day, lovelies!

Stay wonderful!

All my everlasting love,
Blue<3