Chapter 6 - Creep

War POV:

I opened my eyes with a heavy feeling in my chest. The memory of last night kept coming back to me.

Sarawat usually sent me long and frequent messages when we were not side by side.

I checked my phone every ten minutes before I fell asleep to see if he was going to call or send a message or not. Actually he was way drunk for that.

Usually, I wouldn't expect any communication until the next morning.
However, my heart thumped with a worry that he didn't find me as charming as he did before. I felt like I needed to speak to him.

I was questioning whether or not just staying in my bed the whole day when my phone rang.

Sarawat.

I answered the call in a worry.

"Hello"

"War, hi. Good morning."

He sounded... happy. Like really happy.

"Good morning."

"Can you come downstairs? I couldn't sneak into your room since it's morning."

"Ah su-sure. But...uhm. Did something happen?"

"No, I just really really missed you."

"Oh, okay."

Huh? What?

"I'll be there in three minutes."

I hurriedly got up and rushed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I got dressed while doing those.

Maybe I worried for nothing.

My mood changed suddenly while getting downstairs as I was hoping we would spend time together just like the days before.

When Sarawat saw me he smiled big and came to hug me.

"Morninggg."

He looked at my face and kissed my cheek.

"Morning."

Then he held my hand.

"Let's go."

"Uhm... where are we going?"

"We... (he showed the other people from yesterday that I didn't notice they were here) are going for a breakfast to this beautiful spot. It's only an hour away. Let's go."

An hour away? I have to sit in a car with strangers without food or coffee for an hour to go to a distant place.

To pay for a food with an unknown quality when I was already staying in a hotel with a package that included breakfast. All you can eat buffet breakfast.

"I..."

I was about to say 'I'll see you when you return' but Sarawat's voice echoed in my brain that said 'spoilsport' so I decided to just follow him.

As long as we were happy, that's all mattered, right?

We were going by two cars and one of them was Sarawat's. That meant he was driving and I was in the passenger seat.

They were all so energetic in the morning despite the drinking and late night swimming. Maybe Sarawat was right. Maybe I was acting like a grandma for my age.

I decided to try and fit in with his group. It wasn't going to be easy but I hoped it would worth it.

As I didn't quite know what to say, I asked if they would like to listen to music. I opened the radio and switched channels until they told me to stop.