Chapter 9 - Advice

War POV:

"Heyyy sis. How are you?"

"I'm fine baby brother. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Do you have time? Can we talk?"

"Sure. I was just about to have lunch. Can you talk while I'm eating?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

My sister was the one person I turn to whenever I felt like the world's weight was on my shoulders. I admired her so much. Since she was ten years ahead of me, I always got the feeling of she already knew the answers to all of my questions.

We had two different personalities. You wouldn't even believe that we were siblings if you would only look at our characters. We had the same smile, same sense of humor, same eyes though. She always said we had the same dimples too.

Actually, she didn't have so much of a dimple but she had a very small line there, but after I was born she was so jealous, my parents actually had to convinced her that she had dimples too.

Couldn't blame her. My dimples are really cute. One thing I am actually confident about myself :p

When it came to our personalities though, our difference was way too much. She was all confident and social. She was dating since the age of 15. She had many many boyfriends and flirts. And all of them treated her like a princess. I never saw her getting insecure about a boy. Never.

I always loved talking to her and getting her advice but since there was 12 hours time difference between thailand and usa, I couldn't speak to her as much as I would like.

When I finally had the chance; I called her to get her advice on my first relationship.

I began to talk and she was eating her launch and listening. After a while though, she stopped eating her meal in the middle and just listened with an unamused expression on her face. I took it as a bad sign.

She sighed.

Very... very bad sign.

"War... honey. I don't even know how to say what I want to say without hurting you."

Oh. No.

"I understand you. I know this is... your first and maybe you are confused what's normal and what's not. But honey... the way he is treating you... it's not normal."

"But... he is also treating me like I am his everything."

"That's the problem. You said 'also'. He should be treating you like that all the time. Not only when you, sorry for my choice of word but, obey him."

"I am not obeying. I'm compromising."

"Compromising is a two way road dear. What does he do?"

"He is... uhm. He does for me... I don't know!"

"Sounds like you are just listening to him all the time, because you are afraid if you don't, you are going to deal with the consequences."

"Isn't that the definition of a relationship?"

She laughed. She actually laughed out loud to my face.

"No baby brother, it's not. At least not a healthy one."

I was silent. Just taking it all in.

She continued.

"Look. If you were just one of my friends, I would just say "dump his ass". The only reason I am not saying it is because I know you wouldn't take action just by listening my words. Because I am your sister.