Chapter 1: Reunion: Rain

As Rain coughed awake, his shoulder plate scarred while he stands up. He landed so far from the crash... Rain could hardly remember his own name as he stood. Looking around as he ventures toward the Venator Crash slowly. His legs feeling like led as he walks into the crash. Picking up his old helmet as he throws away his ruined helmet, bearing the beaten markings of the 332nd, he would look into the visor for a second. Mouthing a thank you, which made him feel weird, thanking an inanimate object. Nonetheless, he'd put his old helmet on as he looked around. It was days after the crash, it was only now where he would feel how much his hunger was tearing through his stomach. He would climb through the Venator like a vulture looking for a dead animal as he found a crate, it had fallen over and was cracked in several places. But Rain was desperate as he greedily cracked open the crate, checking for its contents as he facepalms. There was no food in the crate... As he ventured to the MedBay, his eyes would be shocked as he saw scans of something in his brain. But he couldn't think about that now, he cracked open all the cabinets, looking for rations as he finds and old, beaten ration. Not caring as he rips it open and stuffs himself.
Taking another deep breath, he would stand and looking at the scans, he'd see something resembling a chip. He would read up on what it is, he had only just now noticed that he no longer hated the Jedi. The explosion seared the left side of his head, leaving him with heavy burn marks.
"The republic... it's gone..." Rain would continue reading, only realizing that all his sacrifices, they were for nothing. Rain would exhale a broken sigh as he prepped himself for surgery. Not wanting to risk anything as he woke up. His body shooting awake in a cold sweat, his brain finally processing all that happened as he saw. He would stand as he began to look for his squad. He would spot in the distance, a clone in all white armor. No markings as he sat at a campfire.
"Crain?! Is that you?!" Rain would shout as he practically cried with relief. Crain looked relieved as well as he got up.
"Yeah, what-what happened? Where's everyone else? I woke up a few days ago, I've been keeping myself alive but I don't know a way off this planet." Crain looked up in relief as he pulled Rain into a hug. Nearly squeezing Rain to death. Though his Carbine was gone, Crain kept his grip on his pistol solid ever since he woke up.
"It's alright, we can find that out together. But it's nice to see you. Do you remember what happened?" Rain would ask as he looked at Crain, the light bouncing around on his face from the fire as he patted him on the back after the hug.
"No sir, not much. All I remember is receiving some order on my Comms channel. The Chancellor just said 'Execute Order 66' then it goes black. I don't remember much after that." Crain would say as he sat down, brushing some dust off his shoulders.
"Hmm, well we need to find our squad. But for now it's just us. So much for your first mission, huh Crain?" Rain would say as he tried to bring a little bit of humor to the 2 of them. Rain would become acutely aware of his eyes feeling heavy as soon as he sat next to the fire. The adrenaline had been keeping him going for the longest time.
"Yeah, i guess so. But take a break. I'll keep first watch. Trust me." Crain would smile as Rain felt like his head was about to become an anchor.
"Thank you. Wish I could help you Crain. Don't go out and do anything stupid, please. I don't want to lose a brother." He would say before laying his head down. Passing out as he had a dreamless sleep. Even with all his armor on, he'd passed out.

𝒫𝒜ℛ𝒯 1: ℰ𝓃𝒹