Chapter 6: Sight: Rain

As Rain embraced Jesse, squeezing him close as he cries tears of joy. As he moves to look him in the eye. His smile wide as tears of joy stream down his face. But his expression would slowly change as he watches Jesse slowly fade.

"Sir, what-whats going on? Are you okay?" He would look at Jesse with desperation in his eyes

"Sir, what-whats going on? Are you okay?" He would look at Jesse with desperation in his eyes. Watching him continue to fade away. As Jesse began to fall, Rain would catch him as Jesse's helmet fell. A proud look on his face as he looked at Rain.
"I need you for one more assignment Rain, can you do that?" Rain listened as he spoke, as his tears shifted to joyous tears to pained tears. His breathing shakily as he nods. Taking off his planet as he looks at Jesse.
"I need you to keep us alive. I need you to lead our surviving brothers to victory. We need you." And for the smallest second, he heard all of his fallen brother's voices speak through "Jesse". Rain's heart burned as he nodded, unable to speak. As Jesse completely faded from his arms, he'd continue walking. Putting his helmet back on. He'd continue following the tracks as he heard what Jesse said ring in his head. His breathing was labored and heavy before he spotted a 332nd trooper in the distance, a group. He was on guard, but as Rain approached, the guard would run off and a group of 9 showed up with their armor batteries but strong. The majority of them wore standard 332nd armor.

But he would look calm, almost melancholic as he looks around

But he would look calm, almost melancholic as he looks around. The potential leader of the group would step forward, looking at him.
"Rain? It's you!" The man stepped forward as he was pulled close. Rain was confused until the trooper took off his helmet, it was Bang! He looked disheveled and dirty, going through the hell of the last few days with not many means of cleaning up. He realized that he was dirty as all hell. But he would chuckle as he looked at Bang happily. The other clones there relaxed as they went back to their business.
"Where's the rest of the squad? Did anyone else survive?" Rain watched him talk, his smile wide as he hides what's happened a few minutes ago. As Bang looked at him, realizing that something happened, Bang picked up his blaster and looked at him as his face changed to a stern and ready expression.
"They're okay, just have a lot on my mind. I've had to lead them. Breach nearly went insane. He said... he said we needed to kill the Jedi." Rain could feel the air change as a few troopers stood and pulled out their blasters. Looking at them as Rain stood slowly. Bang pulled his helmet on as he got his blasters safety off. Rain got his hand ready for a quick draw till one trooper spoke, being oblivious to the situation.
"Man, cannot get enough food nowada-" He saw what was happening as the trooper set the field ration down,  seeming to be mid bite while he gulped, looking around.
"Look, let's calm this down. Talk it out. Alright?" The soldier said as Rain watched Bang's movements carefully. Bang seemed to relax but Rain kept a vigilant eye on the other clones there. Rain's eyes were narrow as he listened to Bang speak again. This time, Rain took note of the burns on their body. The majority of them had burns on the left, just like Breach, but the ones who looked curious had burns on the right, like the rest of the Team. Bang had burns in his last. Why did... a realization dawned on him as he looked at Bang.
"Can we get you and the group to the MedBay? I have a bad feeling about this." Bang sensed Rain's discomfort and nodded, the troopers seemed Wary but willing to trust him...

As they approached the Crash of the Venator, they'd walk over to the MedBay, the others were nowhere to be seen. Probably off doing their jobs but he couldn't think about this now. As they all got to the MedBay, he'd look around for Bang and he'd pull Bang close. Motioning for Bang to walk into the MedBay, he'd look over at the other troops as he held up a gesture for them to wait their turn. Before he'd enter the room. Looking at Bang.
"Take your helmet off. I need a brain scan." He looks at Bang, watching as Bang took his helmet off. He'd set it down on the table. He'd look at the helmet as memories seemed like they'd smack him again, but they didn't. As soon as Rain stopped staring at the helmet, he'd walk over and get the bot ready. As soon as Rain triggered the machine, Bang's open eyes seemed to have weights against them as they closed. He'd let the bot go to work. Looking at the inhibitor ship as he slid it into his backpack. He'd eventually sit down and lay his head against the table. Passing out until Bang had woken up and the machine would whir into turning off. Rain had awakened to see Bang over his head, looking at him.
"What was this thing in my head? And why do my thoughts feel oddly... free?" He'd look around as Rain got up and rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes, unsure if he had any bags but he hadn't slept in days. As he began to open his mouth, he'd think about everything. But was quickly forced to focus.
"So, it's a little... chip, I guess you could call it. I don't know what they're called. But it's got a set of orders. And we got one, but it was the one that set the galaxy in fire." Rain watched uncertainty pass over Bang's face. Eventually Bang would understand and leave. Letting the next trooper in. As he explained the chip after getting it out, it became a repeating process as the others went to their camp. 

As Rain finally sat in the MedBay alone, Breach would open the door. Setting his helmet down in front of himself as he looked at Rain.
"So, I've made a decision. And don't make me regret this. But I've made the decision to relinquish my rank and grant it to you. I got us through the rest of the clone war, now it's time for your turn to lead us against a threat." Rain was speechless. Hearing the words as he sat there for a second, his brain flashed back to his old sergeant Cross. He'd been there in his beginning, and Rain was there in his end. Rain began to speak again, addressing what he said.
"I don't know what to say, are you su-" He was about to finish his thought, but he didn't get the chance as Breach looked at Rain.
"Yes, I'm sure. Do you accept?" Breach would look at him as Rain's eyes seemed to get a far off look. Before responding shakily with a simple sentence.
"I do."