Chapter 5: Memory: Rain

(Let me know what you think of the new cover for the book)

As Rain sat there at camp, finally getting a moment alone as Crain was off collecting parts while Jester and Breach were off collecting resources. Rain would stare at the ground as his eyes slowly welled up with tears. So much stress, so little rest. He just wished for a moment of peace. And now that he has it, he doesn't know what to do. It's only been 3 days at most, and he barely knows how to relax anymore. As tears slowly began to stream out of his eyes, he'd pull his helmet off and stare into the Visor as he remembers a time. Before all this, before Order 66, before The Tribunal. His visor seemed like a mirror as his brain finally showed him what he did during Order 66. It seemed like he didn't have a choice either in seeing the memory. Tears were now flooding out uncontrollably while he stared at the visor. Being taken into his mind and memory...

His comms sprang to life. A small voice uttering the same sentence over and over, "Execute Order 66" before eventually Blaster shots started. As blaster shots began to fly, Rain ran. He felt horrible doing it, but he had to make sure he had a way out with his brothers. As he secured the pod, he felt the Tribunal rumble. Quickly, he'd look down. Realizing they're falling as he nods toward Bang, one of the squads rifleman.
"We need to get a transport out. We need to be able to leave. And we can come back if there's something that happens." Rain would say as Bang nodded, Bang had been with the 501st since Geonosis. Rain and him never needed to talk about much. They were able to synchronize quickly as he was taken under his wing. Eventually they managed to secure a troop transport. It was just a precaution but he valued his brothers over all else. Eventually Bang got shot in the shoulder plate as they saw everything going on. Ahsoka had just escaped from the clone squad that opened fire. He quickly ran over as Rex gave his orders.

"Alright, we know Ahsoka Tano's on board. She's been marked for termination by order 66. Under this directive, any and all Jedi Leadership must be executed for treason against the republic. Any soldier that does not comply with the order will also be executed for treason! Understood?" Rex would speak to his men commandingly. Immediately, everyone in the room, including himself, stood straight as an arrow and yelled a "Sir, yes sir!" Before Rex spoke again.
"There are only so many places to hide on this ship, gather up search parties, we'll fan out and move section by section. Come on. Let's get moving." No one said a word as they began to move out... The vision of the past would slowly fade as his mind came back to the present.

As Rain awoke, he saw his visor had tears of its own. Even seeing Tup and Fives for a second. All of their helmets had overlapped his. Rain had a feeling he was next, and he had to decide now. But Rain would be taken out of his mind as Crain hauled a backpack full of parts to the LAAT. Crain had basic Engineer training. But it wasn't anything special. As he quickly cleaned up his face and visor before putting his helmet on. Though his breath was shaky as he looked around. Watching Crain work as he began to stand up. Not even really trusting his legs to work as he stood up. He began to walk around the crash. Before noticing a faint set of footsteps leading away from the Tribunal. That empty Crate, could there be people here other than them? All he knew was he had to follow. But before he left, he made sure to tell Crain he was leaving. As he walked the Path, he saw a small group of Clones as someone in standard 332nd armor began to speak.
"Rain? Is it you?" Rain would turn around as he practically let out a sob. Pulling the Clone close...