A new home?

"Ow, be careful! You don't have to drag me around so harshly!" Toshinori yelled in annoyance. He whined a little during the action and was suddenly put down in front of the front desk of the orphanage. He sighed and seemed to be frowning a little. His bushy blonde eyebrows furrowed and he tried to pull himself away from the fierce woman. "Hey! Quit that!" Nana yelled at the boy and aggressively put him back in his place.
"Can I help you, ma'am?" the lady at the front desk asked. Nana tightened her grip on the kid and then answered: "Yes, I think I found something that belongs here." The lady at the front desk seemed confused. Nana then effortlessly lifted the boy up so the lady could see him. "You found the one that escaped before he even got here! Oh thank you ma'am! I hope he wasn't too much trouble? He looks like a stubborn one." Toshinori felt humiliated. Nana put him back down on his feet and held him by the neck. "Nothing I can't handle. This little rascal got himself in trouble earlier. Keep a close eye on him, I suspect he'll try to get away again." The kid felt genuinely confused by Nana's sudden attitude change. First she was all sweet and now she's basically treating him like trash. It appeared that the lady at the front desk had called in some of her colleagues. It were those same men as the ones that were coming for him in the hospital. Toshinori felt that gut feeling again and he got uncomfortable; really uncomfortable. Out of instinct he hugged the fierce lady that had saved him before. She seemed surprised by his sudden action and looked up to those guys as well. Nana got such a weird gut feeling as well when she looked at the guys and suddenly felt a bit of guilt. She understood why he ran away now, even she felt uncomfortable. She wrapped one arm around the kid and actually hugged him back. "Kid... I'll keep a close eye on you, I promise." she whispered in his ear and slowly let go of him again. Toshi looked up to the woman and he had a slight pout. His lip was quivering slightly, he was definitely about to cry. Nana Shimura looked over at the lady at the front desk and asked: "Can I please have five minutes with him alone? He's had it rough." The helpless teenager was clinging onto the woman. The lady at the front desk took pity on them and agreed to five minutes alone. She pointed at a little room and Nana nodded at the lady. "Thank you.." she said with a whispery voice and guided herself with the boy clung onto her into the little room. She shut the door behind them and sat the kid down onto the couch that was in there. She sat down next to him and just wrapped an arm around him. "If you want to be a big baby and cry, you better do it now where nobody sees it."
The boy looked up in confusion yet again, Nana was acting nice to him again? At this point he couldn't tell if she was sweet or though, maybe she was a bit of both? "What do you mean? I'm not gonna cry, I'm not six." he said. Nana responded: "No you're right, you're not six... you're like seven." Toshinori frowned and whined: "No I'm not seven! Stop messing around! You're just confusing me the whole time! Then you're sweet, then you're mean, then you're sweet again? I don't know what to think of you anymore." Nana just laughed at him and put her hand up in his messy hair. "You're funny." "I said stop messing around! Please just... ugh. What are your intentions, I don't know anymore." She looked surprised at the boy and felt a little bad for him now. "Listen, all I want with you is bring you back where you belong. You belong here now, in the orphanage. You should've been here a long time ago already. Your body looks withered away from the lack of care, I don't see much body fat, all I see is muscle and bone. Kids your age should be a lot different looking."
The kid remained silent for a bit. He looked down at his arms and she was right. The woman then spoke again: "But I can understand why you ran away in the first place. When those guys came in to get you I got an uneasy feeling, the feeling you were taking about earlier. Something feels off about this place, but you have to stay here. Best case scenario you'll get assigned to a foster family where you have another chance at life. You do have to get lucky to get a good one though, there's some bad people too.. but I don't want to throw you off, kid. Everything will be alright, I hope. I'll come regularly to check on you, I promise. If bad things happen here, tell me when I come, then I'll get you out in whatever way I can. Is that a deal?" The boy looked down at the ground for a bit and then carefully up to the woman. He nodded and agreed to the deal. He stuck his hand out and Nana then shook his hand. "Well then, kid, that's a deal. I might be able to come visit every week? Sounds okay to you?" she asked him. "Yes, that sounds okay.." he answered. "No more running away and pulling other weird stunts?" she asked as well. "No ma'am, I'll be a good kid. I'll try to be a good kid, I'll do my best." Toshinori answered her honestly. The woman sighed and out of the blue she pulled the boy onto her lap and hugged him tight. Right as he got hugged he reached his breaking point. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around her as well and couldn't help but start sobbing. God knows when the last time was when the boy had felt any affection, normally he was all alone and by himself. The fierce lady seemed surprised to hear his sobs and gently rubbed her hand over his back. "It's all going to be okay, Toshinori. You did kind of prove my point about you being a six year old crybaby though, look who's crying now." she teased and he didn't seem to like it. "Shut up..." was heard in a shaky tone of voice from the boy. They did keep up the hug for a while, perhaps both of them needed a hug. After all he was just a kid missing his mother, and she was just a mother missing her child. Nana ended up breaking the hug and held him by his shoulders. "Let's dry those tears, nobody is allowed to see that this cool boy has cried." She grabbed her cape and carefully wiped the tears off of his face. "There we go, no more tears to see." She let go of her cape and gently pushed him off of her lap. "Shoo, boy. We need to get you back to the front desk, they won't wait for ages." Toshinori seemed a little hurt, Nana felt like a safe space for him. He didn't have any uneasy feelings about her, just a safe feeling. The boy slumped after the woman back to the front desk. The people were still waiting for him. It felt like straight up trouble to him. Nana looked down at Toshinori one more time and whispered: "be a good boy, you're safe here."
The poor kid immediately felt his eyes water again when she said that to him and the fierce lady noticed and felt bad. "Go!" she whispered at him one more time and pushed him into the direction of the men. Toshinori slowly walked over to the men and they grabbed ahold of his arm so he couldn't flee. He looked desperately back at Nana while he got dragged along with the big guys. Right before he got dragged around a corner he visibly sobbed and the fierce woman did see that. She did a step forwards with her fists balled up, but then she relaxed again. She couldn't interrupt, she shouldn't interrupt. Why would she even want to? It's just a boy she found on the streets, she shouldn't care so much. She scoffed and turned around back to the exit. The lady at the front desk yelled: "Thank you for retrieving him!" "Yeah... you're welcome. It's my job." Nana said nonchalantly and stormed back outside. She seemed to be having a weird internal conflict with herself. She quickly left by using her quirk: float. The woman hopped through the air back to where she lived. She felt like this situation was going to be harsh on her, but she couldn't figure out why. When she arrived back home she looked around to find her friend, yet he didn't seem to be around. Nana shrugged and just went on to do her thing. "Too bad, Sorahiko, more taiyaki for me. Usually I never get the chance to eat any. Must be my good karma for getting that orphan off the streets."