Chapter 1

SASHA

My heart was still doing a weird dance-like beating. Avoiding them was like steering clear from a minefield, each step screamed with the possibility of confrontation or awkwardness. I did promise to stay friends with them, but I just couldn't pretend nothing really happened between us, like we could just go back to being normal friends. I sighed, rubbing my chest.

Closing the door behind me felt like turning off an electric fan, turning off the discomfort and tension that seemed to permeate the air whenever Carl and Caleb were around.

I sank into the bed and let out a weary sigh, feeling the weight of the day's interactions settle around me like a heavy blanket, but I couldn't help but grin like crazy. I couldn't deny the overwhelming happiness bubbling up inside me for my best friend. Cassie and Jake's wedding filled me with an unexpected warmth.

Sure, there was a pang of jealousy, and damned Jake for stealing away my best friend. But beneath it all, I was genuinely happy for Cassie. She had found her forever happiness, and that was something worth celebrating, even if it meant I wouldn't have much time with her. But really, Jake was her dream, and seeing them say their vow to each other broke my heart with so much joy. Cassie deserved this happiness, this moment of bliss, and I was thankful to have been a part of her journey.

Exhausted, I allowed myself to be lulled to sleep, thinking that avoiding Carl and Caleb wasn't a long-term solution. I knew that. Eventually, I would have to face them and the complicated emotions that had put a wall between us. I would have to confront the ghosts of our broken friendships and find a way to move forward.

......................................................

DO YOU WANT THEIR STORY?

Tell me in the comment section. (Smiling)