Brothers, Old And New

It was a nice summer day, where the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, a day where most guys would spend indoors, on halo or something. On this particular day, you were taking a walk with Azazel.

"My goodness, look how lively the world seems." Azazel said, beaming.

You shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so."

Azazel seemed to not be affected by your lackluster response.
Ever since your time at the fair, you barely had a moment to yourself. The girls wanted to spend time with you, much to Takers displeasure, which you assumed was jealousy.

Though you were mentally drained and wouldn't mind if Taker took a shift or too. You simply sighed, however, and took a swig out of the beer you were drinking, one of several you were keeping in your bag.

"Oh dear, I hope you don't mean to get intoxicated, I believe your liquor laws don't allow public drinking." Azazel said, slightly concerned now.

You shrugged. "Meh, I don't know, maybe? Who cares, honestly?" You said, adjusting your baseball cap.

Azazel sighed.

"Well, regardless of that, I'm glad you agreed to come with me today, I may need your help carrying some heavy books." She said, giggling.

"Oh yeah, that's right, I'm super strong!" You said jokingly, flexing your biceps.

The angel simply giggled, brushed some hair behind her ear, and seemed to have a bounce in her step, which was cute if you were being honest.

You then finished the beer you had and tossed the bottle in the trash, not caring about recycling.

However, as you got closer to the bookstore, something seemed familiar about it. You got closer, and then it hit you.

THIS WAS THE BOOKSTORE THAT YOU USED TO WORK AT.

"Oh boy, look, my own personal hell." You grumbled.

Azazel turned to you, confused.

"What's wrong, do you not like this place?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Considering i used to work here, no." You said.

"Oh." She said in a significantly small voice.

You simply sighed and opened the door.

"Well, I don't plan on letting this ruin a good time, now let's go, if we see my old boss, I give you full permission to punch him in one of his fat rolls." You said.

Azazel perked up and smiled. "You're so silly." She said.

Azazels POV:

Oh dear, this was incredibly unfortunate. She knew that Y/N didn't like his old job, but she never knew he associated those feelings with the place in general. She had thought he loved this place, like she did. She remembered the first time she saw him in the bookstore, and she blushed thinking about it.

She had planned on confessing to Y/N about the feelings she had been feeling about him for a while now. But she also felt a little jealous, seeing how Y/N was spending so much time with demons. She had also heard rumors among the other angels before she left to research that Y/N was God's gift to mortal women. What made her both sad and somewhat glad was that for some, unforeseeable reason was that women didn't find Y/N attractive when he was a mercenary. Perhaps it was his old brash personality that he mentioned having, or his bad hygiene, or that he used to jerk off every day. (You can't tell me that's not what Scout would do)

But, Y/N had changed, and for the better. It was still a shame that he never liked to talk about his previous jobs. Perhaps one day, he would consider opening up to her.