Chapter 2

Amy's POV

It was finally the last class of the day. Unfortunately Ricky is in this class. Why is he taking child development?

"Okay class we are going on a field trip, I will put you all in pairs and no you can not change them. Pack up your things. And yes your parents have been notified." The teacher said.

"Okay your pairs are:
Adrian and Ben
Madison and Lauren
Grace and Jack
Lilly and Mike
Amy and Ricky.
Okay sit with your partner and let's go."

Oh god I'm dead, lord please pray for me. We all got in the bus.

I hit my head on the seat in front of me when we came to a sudden stop. Great we're here.

I turned my head and looked at the place, my face going pale.

We all piled out of the bus and we walked into the all too familiar building.

We stopped in the lounge area and sat down in the couches.

"Okay so for the next 6 months each pair will have a child or children to take care of. The school has a set of apartments for each pair. The apartments keys will be given to you tomorrow. Today one of you will take home the child or children and take care of them for the night until you take them to school in the morning and the. Go to the apartments after school. We are giving you tonight to pack everything you need and to get to know them a little bit." The teacher said.

One of the nuns came in the room and walked next to our teacher. "Okay I have assigned each group with one child other than one pair, Amy and Ricky you have twins to take care of Emma and John." The woman spoke. No,no,no this can't be happening. It's just a coincidence they aren't the same people.

I looked at the nun one more time and she had a smirk in her face. She knew who I was because she was the one I gave them to.

More nubs came walking out and every pair was split with a nun to take them to their child.

The nun, Juliet from earlier took us down a hall way, the clicking of her heels. This is a long never ending torture.

"So how old are Emma and John? What should we know about them?" Ricky asked.

"They are 5 months old. Their mother didn't want them separated hence why we gave you both of them. The poor mom you could tell she loved them so much but she was forced into doing it. I would hate for her to never see her children again." Yeah I hate you too Juliet.

"Are we almost there yet I feel like we've been walking for hours." I said, changing the subject.

"They don't crawl or walk yet, they're late bloomers I guess. Or maybe they are just waiting for their parents." Juliet said.

We came to a stop in front of a door. Juliet opened it and we walked in side. There in the ground with a bunch of toys were in fact my twins.

John turned his head at the sound of people. "Mama." He suddenly said.

"Wow, John your first word." Juliet said.

We walked over to them and I sat on the ground next to them. "I will leave you two with them. Your teacher wants you back with them in 30 minutes." Was all Juliet said before walking away.

"I'll be right back. I need to run to the restroom." Ricky said.

I watched as he walked away and then turned my attention back to the two next to me.

"Hi John, hi Emma. I'm your mommy." I whispered, moving Emma's hair out of her face.

Ricky soon returned and we played with the two in silence. "Mama, mama, mama." John said.

"He must really like you." Ricky said with a grin. "Yeah maybe." I whispered. I glanced at the clock and almost had a heart attack.

"Crap. We need to go. I'll carry John, you get Emma. Hopefully they have one of those two people strollers." I said. We quickly gathered our things and ran down the hall.

We stopped running once we reached the end of the hall. Everyone was staring.

"What? Why are you all staring weirdos." I said. They all looked around acting if they weren't just staring at us. Whatever.

We loaded onto the bus, Ricky and I deciding to sit in the way back where there were 4 seats. John was out cold in my arms and I soon followed suit.

I felt a shaking in my shoulder. "Amy, Amy wake up. We're back at school." Ricky's voice said.

I opened my eyes and was met with his. I sat up, grabbing mine and John's things before picking my sleeping boy up. I looked at Ricky who had a sleeping Emma in his arms. We carefully walked off the bus, walking to the back to grab the stroller.

We placed them inside and sighed in relief. "I'll take them tonight." I whispered. As we walked up into the curb.

"Okay. But call me if you need any help." He said without a fight. We parted ways and I walked to the front of the school, waiting for Ashely.