Chapter 4

Amy's POV

I finished changing into a simple but cute outfit before changing the twins into their clothes for the day.

I walked down stairs with my bags and the. Brought Emma and John down.

My dad loaded my bags into the car as I placed Emma and John in their car seats. Ashley sat in them middle of them.

I looked back at the house and saw that my mom wasn't coming to say goodbye. It's not like I'm leaving for 6 months or anything.

We arrived at the school, I ran in to grab the address and the keys then ran back out.

We sat outside in the car for a second before getting out. I got the twins out of the car and carried them up stairs my dad Ashley with a few of my bags behind me.

I unlocked the door with a struggle before it finally came loose. I opened it to reveal a small two bedroom apartment.

I set the twins carriers down on the couch and walked around. I looked in one room and it was a nursery with pink and blue walls. A black crib and toys. It was cute.

I went to the next door and it was the bathroom simple and bland.

I went to the next door and there was only one bed and a dresser with a small closet.

"Morning." A voice said behind me. Thinking I was in danger I quickly elbowed the person behind me. They grunted in pain.

I turned around to see it was Ricky. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were an intruder." I said before walked over him as he cries out in pain.

I walked over to Emma and John, taking them out of their carriers and placing them in their crib.

My dad and Ash brought in another set of boxes. "Okay that's it." My dad grunted.

"Alright thanks. Now leave me my car and get a cab home. Ashley, me and the twins have shopping to do." I joked. I hate this.

"Love you too kiddo. Now be smart, be safe and make good choices." He teased

"Bye dad." Me and Ashley said. We closed the door and walked to the nursery. I let out a sigh, watching Ricky play with the two.

"Hey, um here's a list of groceries that you can go get. I'm taking the twins and my sister shopping."  I said.

He rolled his eyes and took the list. "Why can't you just go grocery shopping while you're out?" He complained.

"Just do it Ricky." I said. I picked up Emma and Ash picked up John. We placed them back in their carriers and walked down to the car, purse and keys in one hand baby Emma in the other.

We started shopping at mine and Ashley's favorite clothes store, trying on almost a hundred outfits. Once we paid we took the twins to the baby store.

I walked down the aisles with John and Emma in their stroller, looking for new clothes. They have gotten so big.

I picked a pink dress and looked at it closely. I handed it to Ashley and she put it in the cart I then grabbed a pair of brown overalls with a white shirt for John. We continued to grab some clothes and then moved to the toy section.

Once we finished finding what we needed we went to check out. The lady placed everything nicely into the bag.

"They're adorable. Are they your first?" The women asked.

I smiled down at them. "Yeah they are. Emma and John." Could she not tell I'm a teenager?

"Then consider these two outfits as gifts to them. On the house." She said.

"You don't have to do that." I said.

"Please I insist. They'll look amazing in them." She took my card and finished the check out.

Ashley carried the bags while I pushed the stroller. We went over to a furniture store after we left the mall.

I bought a tv for the living room, another bed set up, a mattress, and a nightstand.

I dropped Ashley off at home before heading back to the apartment.

I took the twins inside and put them on the ground to play.

I knocked on the bedroom door. "Yeah, come in." I heard him say.

I opened the door to see him laying in the bed reading.

"Can you watch the twins while I bring everything up. Also did you go to the store?" I spoke. 

He stood up and walked to the nursery. I went back downstairs and grabbed the clothes bags and the tv.

I locked my car before heading back upstairs. I placed the tv on the ground and took the clothes over to the washing machine. I put the kids clothes in first.

I walked over to the nursery and saw Ricky playing with building blocks with John while Emma called out for me. "Mama."

I picked her up, slinging her around my side. "Do you know how to hook up a tv?" I asked Ricky.

"Yeah, I'll set it up while you order pizza." I rolled my eyes and walked out into the living room to grab my phone.

I ordered a cheese pizza and bread sticks.

There was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Grace, Jack and Millie." I rolled my eyes and opened the door. "We were wondering if you and Ricky wanted some teenage conversation while the twins and Millie play." Grace said.

"I'll ask Ricky. Ricky!" I yelled. "What Amy?" He said walking out with John at his hip.

"Grace and Jack are here for some teenage conversation and so that Millie and the twins could play." I said.

"Okay, did you order the pizza?" He said. "Yes a large cheese with bread sticks. Did you set up my tv?" I spoke.

"Yep."

I turned back to our guests and let them come in. I closed the door and they say Millie down next to John on the ground. I the. Placed Emma on the ground.

I heard Grace whisper "you ask them? You're the one that wants to know. I mean they look a lot a like." Oh no.

"Hey Amy not to sound rude or anything but are Emma and John your biological kids. It's just they look a lot like you and Ricky." Jack said. And I'm dead. Luckily Ricky is in the bathroom.

"What no. It's probably just some crazy coincidence. They definitely are not at all our kids. That just sounds crazy." I said.

There was a knock at the door. Saved by the door. I opened it and paid the pizza guy.

We continued to talk until they had to leave. Once we got the twins to bed I was finally able to watch my tv.

Ricky sat next to me as I turned my show on. "So what are you watching?" He asked.

"Chesapeake Shores." I simply said.

"You can have the room. I got a bed to put up in the nursery." I said through a yawn.

I looked over at Ricky and he was dead asleep. I finished my episode and turned the tv off. I was too tired to move so I just fell asleep on the couch.