Chapter 3

Amy's POV

The school bell finally rang, I watched as Ashley walked down the sidewalk over to the table I was at.

"Am I seeing things? Or is that?" Ashley said. I quickly shushed her.

"For my child development class we have to take care of a child from the adoption center with our partners. We live in an apartment for 6 months while we do it. Somehow I got partnered with Ricky and we got matched up with Emma and John because their birth mother didn't want them separated. We get the apartments tomorrow so I said I would take them for tonight. I don't need him figuring it out." I explained to her and my dad since he had just showed up when Ashley asked.

"Amy it's starting to look like fate wants you with your kids." Ashley said. And know she didn't say it but was thinking it, and Ricky.

The drive home was silent. Ashley helped me get them to my room while dad explained to mom the situation.

I packed my bags and set them by my door. Luckily tomorrow is Saturday. I placed the twins in my bed so that I could figure out where they could sleep. The. I remembered the crib I set up when I still planned to keep them.

I gently put them in the crib and turned the lights off. I laid in bed, taking a nap.

I woke up to the sound of crying. I quickly stood up and turned on the light. I walked over to the crib to see John was the one crying.

I picked him up and rocked him but that didn't seem to help. I listened closely and realized it was his hungry cry. I grabbed his bottle and gave it to him. Once he was done I burped him and placed him back in the crib.

I turned to go back to my bed and the. Emma started crying. I picked her up and changed her diaper. I placed her back down and sat on my bed.

I took my homework out and did some of it before Ashely came in. "Dinner is ready. Do you want me to carry John and you get Emma?" She said

I nodded my head and grabbed my baby girl. We walked down the stairs and walked to the dining room.

We ate in silence until my dad broke it. "So do you have everything you need packed up Amy?"

"Yeah. Luckily tomorrow is Saturday so we have the day to get groceries and get us all situated." I spoke.

"I guess you're getting your way after all Amy." I heard my mom mutter. A frown coming to my face.

"So are you guys meeting at the school and heading over together or do you want me and Ashley to take you over to the apartment after you get the keys." My dad asked.

"You can take me dad. I mean I have a lot of stuff as do the twins." I spoke. "Actually Ash do you want to go shopping with me and the twins tomorrow evening?" I asked her.

"I would love to. I need to spoil my niece and nephew while they're still here." She said.

Still here... repeated over and over again in my head.

I finished my homework for the night and spent some time with Emma and John until it was time for bed.

Each time one would cry the other would too. Causing it to be a long night and a coffee filled morning.