Chapter 10

Amy's POV

"Lauren! Madison!" I said running up and hugging my best friends.

"Amy we're so glad to see you. What are you doing here? Where have you been? Why did you just leave?" Madison said in excitement. She hasn't changed a bit.

"We"ll have to catch up over drinks. What are you girls doing here?" I said changing the subject.

"I'm the principal now and Madison is one of school counselors." Lauren said calmly.

"Omg. This is going to sound crazy but I'm here to sign up my twins for up for school. They're going to be freshman. Maybe we should talk with some wine in your office. There's a lot of explaining to do." I said. They looked at me confused before nodding their heads.

We sat in Lauren's office in silence as Lauren poured the drinks.

Once she sat down and handed me my wine I took a big sip.

"So explain." Lauren said.

"Remember the rumor about me leaving to Europe was because I was pregnant freshman year? Yeah well it was true. I gave up the twins but when we had the child development project they were assigned to me. Well after two months I talk with the school and the adoption center and took them back as their mom. I wanted my kids but my mom forced me to give them up when they were born. And Adrian's threats didn't help either so for their protection my dad, Ashley, me and the twins all fled. Once I heard about her being arrested I decided it was time to come back. I had things to fix, and mend. And I missed it here I mean after 15 years I still call it home. So that's it." Their jaws it the floor.

"She threatened you. How did you escape without her finding you? Who's their father?" They asked.

"I will not tell you who the father is because he doesn't know I'm back yet. No body does. Please don't send out a gossip message about me being back I need to do things in my own terms. And Adrian's parents helped us escape, gave us new identities and a free flight to New York. They hated Adrian for what she did." I explained.

"You were in New York? Want to know what's funny Ricky went to Colleen New York. He never showed interest in New York so we were all so confused but he worked at Leo's butcher shop there. He moved home after he graduated and took over the butcher shop. It was really weird he seemed almost disappointed to be coming back like he was looking for something there. He dated a few people but they never stuck. And we went Berkeley. Grace went to medical school Jack went to community college. Well you know what happened to Adrian and Adrian killed Ben because he wasn't Ricky. So tell us have you been dating?" Okay now my jaw was on the floor.

He went to New York? Looking for something more like someone. He was so close and I never knew.

Wait hold up Adrian killed BEN. Wow I didn't expect that.

"So have you been dating Amy?" Madison teased.

"No. The last person I was with was Ben at the freshman football after party. My last kiss was right before I left to New York and well let's see I haven't had sex since I was pregnant. And it wasn't even good sex. I mean no one first time is good but still I mine as well still be a virgin." I said.

Why did I not date more? I mean yeah I was a mom, I had work that became my life, I didn't go to college and all that but how did I go without dating? Just because I was in hiding doesn't mean I couldn't date and no it's not because I want to be with Ricky still, or that he's the love of my life and I can't bring myself to be with anyone else.

Wait, wait, wait. The love of my life? I didn't date because I love him? Ugh why did I let him go?

"Amy you're not a virgin again. You were just busy with life and your kids you were more focused on being a good mom, we might not have been there but we know you." Lauren said.

"Okay so let's get the twins signed up and registered so they can sign up for their classes." Madison said.

We finished after what felt like hours. I put my sun glasses back on before walking out side. I'm so glad it's summer. I love wearing tank tops and jean shorts.

I got in my car and knowing where I needed to go next.