1.8

Official: [reading a proclamation] Jack Sparrow and Celeste Fawcett, be it known that you have-

Jack/Celeste: [standing on the gallows] Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow.

Jack mouths along with the screen.

Official: For your willful commission of crimes against the crown. Said crimes being numerous in quantity and sinister in nature, the most egregious of these to be cited here with piracy, smuggling?

Elizabeth: [standing with her father and her future husband] This is wrong.

Governor Swann: Commodore Norrington is bound by the law. As are we all.

Official: Impersonating an officer of the Spanish Royal Navy, impersonating a cleric of the Church of England.

The Weasley Twins looked impressed.

Jack: [smiling] Ah, yes. [looks over at the executioner who glares at him]

Celeste: I remember that. Three, no, four years ago.

Official: Sailing under false colors, arson, kidnapping, looting, poaching, brigandage, pilfering, depravity, depredation, and general lawlessness. And for these crimes you have both sentenced to be, on this day, hung by the neck until dead. May God have mercy on your souls.

Even Barbossa winced at the number of crimes read by the official.

Will: [walks through the crowd to the raised ground on which they stand] Governor Swann. Commodore. Elizabeth. I should have told you every day from the moment I met you. I love you. [walks away; nooses are put around Jack and Celeste's necks]

Sirius said to James, "Oi, Prongs, take notes. You took over seven years to get the girl and at least he had the guts to confess. Well, sooner or later."

"Shut up, Padfoot!"

Elizabeth: [notices Cotton's parrot] I can't breathe. [falls backward; the drums sound]

"Nice acting, Lizzie."

Governor Swann: Elizabeth. [he and the Commodore help her]

Will: Move! [throws sword as they fall through, the swords stick in the wood and they have a foothold; he fights to the gallows and there cuts both pirates free; they fight all the way up to a tower where the three of them are cornered by Norrington's men]

"Damn, we look cool."

"I know right."

"We should do that more often."

Norrington: [to Will] I thought we might have to endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt but not from you.

Governor Swann: On our return to Port Royal, I granted you clemency. And this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him? They're pirates!

The pirates collectively scoffed in offense.

Will: And good people. [Jack points to himself proudly, mouths 'That's me!'] If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn three pairs of boots instead of two, so be it. At least my conscience will be clear.

Norrington: You forget your place, Turner.

Will: It's right here between you and Jack and Celeste.