2.2

(Back on the Pearl, Jack was trying to navigate using his compass. However, it kept going back and forth)

Jack: Why is the rum always gone? 

"Couldn't imagine why," Will said sardonically.

Jack: (He starts walking wobbly.) Oh. That's why. (passing through the pirates sleeping) As you were, gents. (He heads below deck and notices mollusks in one of the holes.) Ah. (Jack grabs a bottle but it's filled with sand.)

Voice: Time's run out, Jack.

"Now that's ironic. That bottle could be an hourglass."

Jack: (startled at first then holds up the light to see a familiar face covered in barnacles) Bootstrap. Bill Turner.

Will held on to Elizabeth's hand for comfort.

Bootstrap: You look good, Jack.

"I did, and I still do."

"You have such a big ego."

"Thanks, darlin'."

Jack: Is this a dream?

Bootstrap: No.

Jack: I thought not. If it were, there'd be rum.

Snorts could be heard around the Great Hall.

Bootstrap: You got the Pearl back, I see.

Jack: I had some help retrieving the Pearl, by the way. An old mate, a few new mates of mine, and your son.

"An old mate?" Jack flinched away from Essie's glare.

"Well, that's what we were then?" He pleaded.

Bootstrap: I'm assumin' you're talking 'bout Essie. But William? He ended up a pirate after all.

Jack: And to what do I owe the pleasure of your carbuncle?

Bootstrap: He sent me. Davy Jones.

Jack: Oh. So it's you, then. He shanghaied you into service, eh?

Bootstrap: I chose it. I'm sorry for the part I played in the mutiny against you, Jack. I stood up for you. Everything went wrong after that. (eats tiny hermit crab) They strapped me to a cannon. I ended up on the bottom of the ocean, the weight of the water crushing down on me. Unable to move. Unable to die, Jack. And I thought that even the tiniest hope of escaping this fate, I would take it. I would trade anything for it.

A few people winced from the gruesome description.

Jack: It's funny what a man will do to forestall his final judgment. (walks off until--)

Bootstrap: You made a deal with him too, Jack. He raised the Pearl from the depths for you. Thirteen years, you've been her captain.

"It's a her?!" A Gryffindor muttered.

"I think you mean 'She' you moronic child!" 

"Jack!" Lizzie told him off.

Jack: Technically...

Bootstrap: Jack. You won't be able to talk yourself out of this. The terms what applied to me apply to you as well. One soul bound to crew 100 years upon his ship.

"But I managed to get out of it, didn't I? HA!"

"Yes. By using ME as a pawn!" Will threw a spoon at Jack's head.