~TIME SKIP~

The second year started with a bang. Hermione went to Hogwarts, as all the students did.

But-

Only for a brief while. Why you ask?

Because, The Chamber of Secrets was opened, causing the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to close the school.
The students were sent home for the rest of the term, causing the second year to totally not exist.

Mcgonagall gave a few books ofcourse. She told them to prepare for the exams at home and write it when they're all set for year 3.

Hermione wasn't at all pleased.

Ron was thrilled.

Harry ofcourse, was indifferent.

And Draco? Well well well, Draco Malfoy, discovered something.

Something that came as quite a shock.

He found out that Hermione Granger was a mudblood....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I made a new friend, father. She's from Gryffindor. She's a real brainy one, that's for sure." Draco said to Lucius Malfoy, at his home, a sprawling mansion. The Malfoys were filthy rich.

Lucius was quiet. He pondered for a while.

"I know of her parents. Aren't they muggles?" He asked Draco.

"Hm?" Draco asked, confused.

"Granger....Yes, her parents are muggles. That, Draco, makes her a mudblood." Lucius said. He grabbed Draco's shoulders. Draco gulped.

"Don't go around making friends with the wrong sort, Draco.." Lucius whispered in Draco's ear intimidatingly.

Draco was silent. He pondered. He contemplated. He was dreadfully silent.

"Now cheer up, you get to spend the rest of these days with me! Now you'll only go back next year, so there shouldn't be any problem. Next year, go for the quidditch tryouts," Lucius said.

 Next year, go for the quidditch tryouts," Lucius said

**************************************

Hermione was depressed to bits. She was looking forward to the next year so much, that she memorized all the important spells in the first year vacation itself.

Too bad she had to spend the rest of this year at home as well, studying for the second as well as the third year, covering all chapters and subjects!

She was born ready ofcourse.