7) Tryouts

"Hey Chaser!" Wood says to Hermione, tapping her back.

"Oliver Wood?!!" Hermione exclaims excitedly.

"Welcome back! You've grown well, but are you ready to kick arse in Quidditch? Or have you forgotten the gameplay?" Wood mocks.

"Never, and I AM ready to kick arse. And stop saying that. Everybody I meet keeps telling me I've grown. Like, I know! It's been 2 years, you all have grown too, for god's sake. But I don't point that out all the time now, do I?"

Hermione asks him, partly annoyed.

"It's just a drastic change is all, no need to get in a huff now. Anyway, ready? Take your position." Wood commands, as Hermione beams at him, ready with the broom.

"It's been a sweet while since I've done this," Hermione exclaims, as she soars up into the sky.

"That's good!" Wood praises Hermione.

"Thanks!" Hermione tells him, circling the grounds

As Wood passes the quaffle to Angelina, Hermione's stomach suddenly begins to churn.

She remembers that dreadful day when someone jinxed her broom. She feels lightheaded as her broom goes out of control.

"Granger! Watch out!" Wood calls out, as the bludger heads straight for Hermione.

Hermione notices it at the right time and charges downwards, landing on the ground.

She still needs to recover from her trauma. And also, 2 years of no quidditch, has left her with little to no practice.

Hermione sighs, looking at Wood guiltily, who's stopped the practice just for her.

Harry joins in, worried.

"You okay Granger?" Wood asks Hermione, panting.

"Um yeah, but I think I'll sit this one out. I'm sorry Wood," Hermione meekly says, backing away.

"That's okay. You seem to be a little out of practice. We'll practice seperately later. You sit this one out today, like you said." Wood says, Patting her shoulder.

Hermione smiles, and walks out of the Quidditch grounds.

Dang it.

First Quidditch practice of the year, and she's already backed out.

She then notices other Houses' players coming towards the field. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

Oh! It's Quidditch tryouts!

She sees determined students walking past her, as Madam Hooch leads them to the field. Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Quidditch Captain, smirks at Draco Malfoy, who smirks back.

His smirk, although, vanishes when he glances at Hermione, who looks at all the students.

He glances the other way, not wanting to set his eyes on a filthy mudblood.