Chapter 4: Flowey

(This is four years later!!!!)

"Dad?" I yelled, looking for the short skeleton. "Dad, where'd you go?"

I desperately looked for Sans, climbing all over the place. I was sitting on a stone fence, looking around. I attempted to get up but instead fell down into the snow below me. I was looking straight up before a familiar face appeared in my vision.

"Hoi!" I heard the joyful voice of Temmie greet.

"Hi, Tem!" I said, getting up from where I fell.

I shook the snow out of my hair and wiped it off of my clothes. I stood up straight and stretched a bit, recovering from the short fall.

"Hey, Tem?" I asked, "Have you seen my dad?"

"He's at Grillby's," Temmie said, "But can you play with Tem?"

"Yeah!" I said, "Lets go get Elspeth!"

"Tem likes that idea!" Temmie said, walking with me to Alphys' lab.

Both of us started running, me being the faster one and making it to the door first. After catching my breath, I knocked on the door. Elspeth opened it and walked out. She closed the door behind her, a small smile on her face.

"Where are we going?" The human girl asked, adjusting her hoodie.

"To the flower patch at the front of the ruins!" I shouted.

Elspeth rolled her eyes, "You're such a girly girl!"

"No I'm not!" I said.

"Then go cover yourself in snow and prove it!" Elspeth said.

Gladly. I ran over to a very snowy area and turned myself into a legit snowman. It was colder than usual but I let it happen. I was always cold in the underground mainly because I wore shorts and a sweater but I never told my dad so I wouldn't make him feel bad.

"Alright, get out of there!" Elspeth said with a laugh, "I didn't mean for you to become the snow!"

I stepped out and shook the snow off of me.

"C'mon now!" I said, making my way towards the ruins.

The three of us easily got through the ruins, having done so many time before. We all made it to the dandelion patch. The only place where the sun shines down here. I stood in the sunlight. I barely have any memories from the surface. It was mainly just the fall that was the oldest memory. I wonder what it would be like to live up there again. There would be so many more flowers and trees. So much more!

"Howdy!" I heard a cheery voice greet.

I looked in the direction of the voice and saw a flower with a face. It smiled. I looked around, finding that Elspeth and Temmie left.

"I'm Flowey! Flowey the Flower!" The flower spoke, eyes fixated on my face.

"My name is Nova!" I said, greeting the unfamiliar face.

Flowey smiled, looking genuine but in reality he was hiding something.

I sat down in front of the smiling flower, seeming interested about what kind of monster he is.

"I never knew that flower monsters existed," I said, "You look cool though! I wonder how flower monsters came into existance."

"Well, I never knew that humans existed down here!" Flowey said, tilting his head. "How old are you?"

"I'm 6 years old," I said.

"6 years old, hmm?" Flowey asked, tilting his head the other way. "I thought you were 9 by how tall you are."

"I'm as tall as my dad," I said, raising my arm above my head as if I was scaling my height.

"Sans, you mean?" Flowey asked.

"Yeah," I said, "He adopted me when I was 2."

"Oh!" Flowey said, his smile growing wider. "That seems nice! Is he taking good care of you?"

"Yeah!" I said, nodding rapidly. "He's really nice and he cares about me!"

"That's good!" Flowey said, a small vine coming out of the ground beside him with something wrapped in it. "Would you like a happiness pellet?"

"What's a happiness pellet?" I asked, tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"You eat it an it makes you very happy!" Flowey said, placing the oval object in my hands.

I saw my body go transparent like it had back when Asgore tried to kill me. My soul was visible, glowing like a night light.

"Is that your soul?" Flowey asked.

"Yep." I said. "Why did the pellet thingy make it show? Does it hurt me?"

"No! The pellet doesn't hurt you! It helps you!" Flowey lied. "Use it when you're in danger!"

"Okay!" I said, stuffing the pellet in my pocket and my body returning to normal.

"Say, what does the gold part of your soul mean?" Flowey asked, a sinister grin on his face.

"It means that I have hope!" I said, smiling. "I should probably go home now. My friends aren't here and I can't be by myself."

"Can we be friends?" Flowey asked innocently.

"Yeah!" I said.

"Great! Come back tomorrow and we can maybe have a littlw picnic or something!" Flowey said.

"Okay! Should I bring anything?" I asked. "I have ketchup at home."

"Don't worry." Flowey said. "Just bring your soul..."

"Huh?" I asked, "I couldn't hear that last part."

"I said to just bring yourself!" Flowey said.

I nodded before running throuh the ruins to get back home. Behind me, I could hear Flowey cackling. I think he just thought of something funny. But I'm gonna go back tomorrow!