Chapter 6: The Council of Immortals

I fell asleep in Jordan's bed, and woke up there the next morning. I was trained to never lick faces. So I get up, hop down, and run to the top of the stairs. As I suspected... Her dad is gone to work.

I run back down the stairs, and into her room and sat there. Jordan's room is has zebra print painted on the top half of the wall, and a bright apple red stripe separating the print from the lower white half of the wall. She is wearing navy blue pajama pants, a black Hollister tank top, and her dark hair was up in a droopy bun.

I figured since no one was home, that I will wake her up.

"Jordan, wake up. It's 9:20 am. Common' don't make me sing the song...." she mumbles something and sinks further down into the covers.

"Here we go...... SOOOME WHHHERREE OVVVVERR THHE RAAAINNNBOWWWW...."

"IM AWAKE! Lord Bajesus!" she says sitting up and smiling. "You know how I despise that song!"

She gets up and walks into the kitchen still just a little groggy. She reaches into her fridge, and pulls out Chinese food back from Wednesday night (just two nights ago). She throws it in the microwave and reaches for the touch pad remote. After her breakfast of dinner, she goes to get dressed. I go over to my food dish, and press the button, and down slides my Pedigree dog chow, from a tiny little chute. I eat up, and drink some water.

Jordan comes back out dressed in all black, with her black velvet cloak. Her wavy dark hair reassembled into a neater, more tight bun.

"Did you eat?" she asks me cheerfully.

"Ya, why?" I respond.

"Today you have to go before the Council of Immortals to be judged."

"Of what?" I ask curiously.

"Of holding an important position on the Council." she answers back, and smiles. I try and think of what important positions a dog could possibly withhold. Perhaps a war guardian, a messenger, or even a Council member. At this point my imagination is brimming with pride, however I'm still unsure.

Jordan finishes lacing up her boots, and opens the door. "What about you contacts?" I ask.

"No need. Everyone on the Council has crazy eye colors." she responds.

I find it kind of strange how she didn't give me any pointers when going before them. But with her being a member and all, it would give me the unfair advantage. Jordan tells me how they all have special powers, and cloaks, and personalized rings.

We finally come to a crystal clear lake with round little pebbles. It almost looks fairytale. Apparently we are out in the middle of no where.

"This is west by one fourth of a mile, then you go south till you hit this lake. Kind of hard to miss right?" She begins to walk into the lake, and some kind of immortal forced field keeps off a single drop of water. I stay close behind her, so I won't get wet either.

Once we walk into the lake a good twenty feet, a large heavy looking cobblestone door appears. It has a remarkable design in crusted with various precious gemstones. Amethyst, rubies, topaz, diamonds, emeralds, and..... sapphires.

Jordan taps on several of the sapphires in a particular order and then blows a little bit of shadow dust on it. "Don't worry. You will get a key incase of emergency, an you need to get in."

We walk down a long isle way that has reddish carpet. Jordan turns and command me to stay. She advances forward, and takes her seat behind a large semicircle, booth, bar or kind of even a table maybe. Each one of them makes direct eye contact with me and makes me kind of squeamish. But I just keep staring right ahead.

"We are the Council of Immortals."