Chapter 15: Saeffire

No one says anything to Jordan about her crys of despair. Everyone is in pain over Jacob's condition right now. The snow is begging to get heavier and heavier as time passes.

"Flip the scroll over matthew." I say.

He filps it over and looks at me quizzically. "What is it? I cant see anything."

"You cant. But I can. May I please see it?" I ask.

Annabelle hands it to me. "By all means." But then she realizes that I have no apossable thumbs, so she ends up holding it for me to read.

I read aloud, "Mortality Transfer." Jordan's tears stop, and she directs her attention to me. I continue. "This spell can be used to transfer one being's mortality with another being's immortality."

"What use does that have?" Jielle rhetorically snaps at me.

"Jacob." Jordan whispers. They all looked at her like she was crazy.

"But where would we get the mortality?" asks Galen.

"Me......... Matthew remembers. Ask him. Thats the only reason I was offered at spot on the Council. Im only two- thirds immortal. But oddly, I had incredible control over my powers. They never had any fluxuations."

"All we can do is try. It would make you one hundred percent immortal. There is not gurantee that it would work though."

"I dont care."

     As I read them the instructions, I watched the whole thing unravel before me. She layed in the snow next to his unconcious body in the snow, hand in hand. The ritual only took a few minutes. But it was hours before they were conciuos again. Jacob was the first one to come to. He thought that Jordan had died. It took her waking up to make him come to his senses.

     She sat up. Slowly, but surely, her red eyes, began to flood with sapphire.