Chapter 16: Moments Like These

"What are you doing?" She asks Jacob. "Your still injured. Get yourself back on that couch."

"Come on! Its been a week. Even the cracks on my face are close to being gone!" he protests.

Jacob has been staying in the basement while Jordan has been taking care of him for a week now. Most of the cracks on his face have gone away. But he still has a limp. THe moratlity transfer replaced his leg, and regenerated most of his venom. After the battle, no one from Council has spoken to one another. Jielle was away in France to clear her head, Matthew was in Hawaii helping at a marine rescue center.

     As for Annabelle, her immortality was reversed, and is currently engaged to Jordan's dad. She hasa better understanding of Jordan's rules, and boundaries. She has fully learned her lesson, that some things, are better left untouched. The relationship between Jordan and Annabelle is still stiff, but looser than it was.

     After she helps him onto the couch, she sits with him. Her head on his shoulder, hand in hand, comfortably watching TV together.

     An hour later, there is a power surge. The TV never flipped back on. The screen turned blank, and there wasnt a sound throughout the whole house. In that moment, i had the best idea a dog could have ever come up with. I ran into the room where Annabelle stayed, and Jacob is now staying in. Under the bed is the stck of gameboards that Annabelle left here. Choosing the most colorful one I could find, I take it in my mouth, and run out into the living room.

     Dropping the game on the coffee table in front of them, I give a warm hearted bark, and a puppy smile.

     Jordan lifts the lid off the box, and begins to laugh. We all do.

     Its moments like these, that I want to live forever.