Ch 2- Seriously Dude?

William Beckett

Leaving hockey practice, I got a call. I hit answer.

"Hey Sis", I say noticing the caller id.

"Hey Will", she answers

I sit, waiting for her to explain why she called.

"Uh, Kay?", I question

She seems startled, "Oh sorry what?"

"I mean as much as I would love to sit here and say nothing I would really like to know why you called", I chuckle

"Ohh yeah, so I called to tell you that I got a big art gig. And I'll be moving back to Florida in a few months!", she exclaims

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing", I yell

Kay has been trying her hardest to make it in the art business. It's been her dream since kindergarten, and If there is one thing I've learned after 19 years, it's that Kalani Beckett will not stop until she gets what she wants. I remember one time in third grade, Mason, challenged her to a pull-up contest. She kept going until she passed out because she wanted to win. Technically, Mason stopped to help her after she fell to the ground unconscious, but in the end, the score was 14-13 Kalani's way. And she holds that against him anytime she can.

"Isn't it!", she replies

I can practically hear her smiling through the phone.

"Well, enough about me, How is it going with you?", she questions

I laugh, "Not much has changed since 2 hours ago when you called me"

She scoffs, jokingly, "Well what happened in those 2 hours?"

"I got ready for hockey and then I ran into this girl and it was really strange", I reply

She gasps, "What girl?! Do you like her? What's her name? Is she nice?", she hammers me with questions.

"Kay, calm down. I don't even know her name. But I'm pretty sure she was with Mason's cousin.", I reply

But honestly, when I really think about she was really pretty. Actually unusually pretty, but not like pretty like she was trying more like "beautiful, but I don't know it".  It's kinda like that one-direction song, "You don't know your beautiful- ah ah". 

Kalani reminds me that I'm on the phone, and to not zone out,"She must have been pretty magical. Because you just went silent for like over 2 minutes"

I laugh sarcastically, "Haha, very funny. Okay I kinda have to go because my roommates just called an apartment meeting"

"Ok, bye Will", she says before hanging up

Slipping into my truck, I respond to the apartment group chat that I'm on the way home.

---

I walk through the door and see everyone sitting on the couch looking mad.

"Gray, how did you get home before me?", I question

Grayson looks up, "You were on the phone for a while just walking around. You weren't hard to beat".

I shrug and look to the other 3, "What's got your panties in a bunch? And why was there a meeting called?"

Grayson looks confused, "There was a meeting called? I was just watching tv."

Mason looks up at me, "John and Theo decided to start talking about how they would just love to break Alia's back and that when they're done with her, she won't be able to walk".

I look over at Grayson, his hands are shaking and he's fuming.

Grayson growls "Did you actually say that."

Theo laughs, "Have you seen her? Man she has a body"

Oh no. He should not have said that. 

Before anyone can react Grayson punches Theo square on his face.

"Get the hell out!", Grayson yells at them.

Mason steps in front of Grayson, "We'll leave your stuff outside. You can come collect it later. Leave."

They look confused but Theo is spitting blood and I think that's enough for them to leave. They finally leave and Mason and I look over Grayson.

"They are never going near her again.", he states before walking up the stairs and slamming the door.

Mason and I look over at each other.

"I'll delete them out of the group chat and put their clothes outside If you can find us 2 new roommates", I say

He smirks, "I already have just the idea of who to ask"

___

Author's Note: 

Hey! I just wanted to say that the first 2 chapters (1-2) were super short. I am not planning on all of my chapters being that short! I just needed to introduce the characters and why they would be roommates!! Ok, That's it I hope you're enjoying the book so far!!