Ch 3 - again?

Ivy-Leigh Collins

Ok, so you know that state right when you wake up. And you don't know your name or really anything at all. Your brain is completely clear and there are no immediate problems in your life.

That is my favorite time of day. I don't have to deal with the weight of what happened with my dad, or my mom hating for it. Everything is just peaceful. I like it that way.

But after a few seconds, it wears off and you realize where you are and all of your problems seem a whole lot heavier. That is the worst part of my day. I find it interesting that in a matter of seconds your whole view or attitude changes.

"Ugh", Alia groans, snapping me out of my thoughts.

There's a knock on the door

The door opens and Mason steps in, "Get up ladies we are going to the bookstore"

"Oh my gosh, Mason. Get out", Alia says annoyed

"Well dearest cousin, while I would love to do just that and hang out with much cooler people, I actually have to talk to you guys", he replies

Alia opened her mouth. I can tell she's about to decline the offer and like throw a pillow at him or something so I intervene, "Backtrack. Did you say bookstore?"

Mason smirks, he already knows he won, "Indeed I did. You sound quite interested, are you ready to take up my offer?"

Alia scowls at him, "Whatever Mason, get out so we can change"

Mason looks pleased, "Of course, quick question, has Bloody Mary come to visit? You seem a little on edge."

Alia is fuming now, "MASON GET OUT"

"Oh, Mason one more thing before you leave. You woke us up early and last time we did that to you, you were rewarded with television privileges", I smile sweetly

His mouth hangs wide open, "I don't believe I recall this"

Alia looks at me like a proud mom, "Oh well let me enlighten you, On January 2nd of this year we awoke you from your royal slumber and you threw a big fit and made us sign a contract saying that you got 1 week of TV privileges."

"Excellent point Alia, I loved the use of exact dates, It was very compelling," I smile wide, "I think I have just the best idea for what show everyone will be watching for the next week".

I lock eyes with Alia and we use our best friend telepathy that we discovered in 7th grade when Tommy James asked if Alia and I wanted to both date him at the same time. I have to admit, little man knew exactly what he wanted and just straight up asked us.

"BROOKLYN 99", Alia and I shout at the same time.

Mason covers his ears and starts walking out of the door, "That show does not deserve as much credit as what you two give it."

Alia and I gasp

"Don't make me extend it to 2 weeks!", Alia shouts to Mason.

He rolls his eyes and starts closing the door, "Be ready in 15, I'll be down in the car"

Once the door shuts Alia and I burst into laughter.

Once we stop laughing Alia turns to me, "He's lying. He always hates on Brooklyn 99 but once I caught him watching it in his room"

I look up,"I am going to hold that against him forever"

Alia and I chat for a few minutes until we decide it's time to get ready.

I put on some gray sweatpants, a random hoodie I found on Alia's floor, fuzzy socks, and my tasmans. They are actually the Amazon dupe tasmans, but nobody has to know that.