Ch 5 - Very funny guys

Ivy-Leigh Collins

"Ok so let me get this straight. One of your old hockey teammate's Dad was in charge of the Russian Mafia", I ask, raising an eyebrow

Will takes a bite of his biscuit, "Precisely"

"So how did you cut ties with them?"

"They tried to get me into it a few times but It wasn't my thing"

I push the elevator button, "You say this like it's a completely normal thing that happens to everyone"

He shrugs.

"Well lucky for you good sir, if they were after you, they definitely went running after seeing how big and scary I am"

He snorts, "Oh their timbers were shivered for sure"

Will pulls out his key and slips it through the lock hole. He pulls open the door and we walk in immediately faced with something we didn't want to see.

Grayson and Alia.

Nothing too bad. Just the fact that they are heavily making out. On the couch. In the open.

"Ew my eyes", Will yells

They pull apart, disoriented. Alia's cheeks are tinted dark red. Clearly, she didn't expect anyone to walk in on that.

"Ok please get a room", I say while setting down our food.

"We got you guys food, whenever you want to take a break from that, feel free to grab a biscuit."

I finish the last bite of my biscuit, "I'm going to go shower and get ready, be ready for the bookstore around 3:30?"

Will nods.

I stand up and walk up the stairs.

---

I take a hot shower. They are the best. I feel like oftentimes I procrastinate showering by mindlessly scrolling on my phone or reading. But the second I feel the hot water and turn on my music I never want to get out.

After listening to the full folklore album I finally get out of the shower. I have to make the ultimate decision, wearing my hair curly or straight.

So, the thing with my hair is that it's extremely curly on the bottom half. Like tight wringlets. But the top half of my hair is just wavy and some pieces are straight.

My hair also absorbs water horribly. Like takes over 4-5 hours to dry.

After standing in the bathroom for 5 minutes I decide to wear it wavy/curly. I towel scrunch and use a clip to do half up half down.

Changing into my clothes, I open the multiple texts from Alia.

Alia:

I need girl talk asap!!

I know you obviously saw what happened

WHEN YOU GET OUT OF THE SHOWER I NEED TO LET IT OUT

I quickly respond.

I just got out, come to my room I need a detailed summary!!

Setting my phone down, I sit down at my desk and start my makeup.

A door opens, it's Alia.

"Girl, I need to hear everything", I say looking up

I notice there are tears running down her cheeks.