16

{cherie}

"bye mom! i'm going to school!" i yelled and left our house.

i took a bus to my new school and entered with a smile.

it's my first day & i am so unfamiliar with my surroundings. everything is new to me since we just moved in this city.

i just stood there, frozen in my place.

all of a sudden, a guy with black hair & glasses bumped into me since he was so focused on his phone.

"oh my goodness, i'm so sorry!" he apologized.

my heart skipped a beat at the first sight of him.

i looked at the carved name in the tag on his uniform. 'seok woohyun'

before i could even say it's okay, he ran away.

well, i never got to talk to him since the start.

°

"h-hi, my name is zhou cherie.." i shyly introduced myself in front of the unfamiliar faces who i will be calling my classmates from now on.

a girl caught my eye though. she was sleeping soundly on her desk, like the teacher isn't present in the room.

the teacher seemed to notice me looking at her so she sighed.

"ms. kim! wake up!" the teacher yelled all of a sudden, making the sleeping girl jolt up.

the whole class heard her groans & she glared at them, making them look away.

"sorry for that, ms. zhou." the teacher apologized & assigned a seat for me.

i was just quiet the whole class time. i can sense some of my classmates look at me & whisper to their seatmates about me being odd.

psh, i got bullied at my previous school too because i'm 'odd'.

when break time came, i stayed in the classroom since i'd rather be alone.

"huh? who are you?" i heard someone ask.

i turned my head over to the same girl who was sleeping earlier.

"i-i.. i'm ch-cherie.." i said in a low voice.

"eh?" she furrowed her brows as she didn't make out what did i just say.

"i'm cherie." i said in a slightly higher volume.

"oh, my name's eunmi." she tiredly smiled and reached out her hand.

i accepted and we had a little handshake.

"let's be friends!" she enthusiastically said and legit pulled my arm to make me stand up from my seat.

"let's go walk around school! i can show you around!" she said and started dragging me around.

for the whole break time, she showed me around & i was surprised that she managed to bare with my awkwardness.

we are now walking towards a vending machine which eunmi keeps on talking about.

she bought a grape fanta and drank it all in a flash.